Which z77 motherboard to buy ?

hamza_93

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
hi
i was going to buy z77 motherboard . i am confused that which one i should select for my ivy bridge core i7 build.
my options are

1) msi z77a-GD65 265 US $
2)ASROCK fatality professional 265 US $
3)asrock extreme 6 205 US $

asus boards are not available at the moment. also they are very expensive 385 US $ - 470 US $

at present im leaning towards asrock fatality.

looking forward for ur reply

regards

There's not enough testing data to KNOW which are the 'best' Z77's and I see absolutely no point in getting one until the Ivy Bridge is available and THOSE tests are available. The leaked IB + Z77 weren't good which is code for the early BIOS and Drivers being immature and not ready for 'prime time.' My best advice is to wait for at least 2 BIOS revisions before purchasing IB + Z77 unless you're a masochist and or love drama.

Next it depends on what GPU(s), peripherals, requirements, etc which clearly are not listed in your initial post in this thread.

Otherwise advice is just gibberish.

Yes, since our 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors havent launched and are still under NDA it is really tough to post any performance on these Z77 boards since some of their features can only be tested with the newer processors.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

hamza_93

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
First of all . i cant buy from newegg + amazon etc etc. im from pakistan and here custom tax are so high that its impossible to buy
im buying highend board because i have xspc rasa 360 rad kit . im going to overclock for the first time ever.
also GIVE ME SUGGESTION FOR GPU . BUT KEEP IN MIND I HAVE USED GTX560ti and sold it

Only a few with horrible results with the IB CPU -- i.e. I'm not going to guess how they'll work; see -> http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/329828-28-bridge-cpus-benchmarks-review-3770k-3570k

I can guess, assume, prophesize -- i.e. not know what the hell I'm taking about and BS a few MOBO's. I need vCore data and overlapping data.

You didn't think it would be a good idea to tell us your in Pakistan when posting on a English forum using US Dollars? :fou:

Tell that to TweakTown, their rationalization was the IB is for sale in Shanghai / i7-3770K -> http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14810392935