Sign in with
Your question

Could someone please help

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
April 27, 2011 8:07:34 AM

Ok so i work for a company as an apprentice i will be building them high end computers which they need for computer aided engineering but theirs one problem i dont really know what the best motherboards Cpu's etc are or whether they will fit together the cost of these could go up to £7000 which is alot of money so i dont want to waste it on junk. so what im asking for is help to find components which will fit together, the company has told me they mainly want a Fast CPU, Fast imput/output and a high end graphics card, i also what to know whether i can put 2 graphics cards together and a few hard drives together etc what i would be able to do to max out this computer

My company has decided to go with Xeon x5690 processor so i need components to fit with that

They use Ansys to do engineering simulations

I appreciate any time spent on a reply thank you

More about : question

April 27, 2011 8:58:05 AM

so your advise would be to buy that motherboard??
Related resources
April 27, 2011 9:10:45 AM

isn't the EVGA SR 2 Classified better
April 27, 2011 3:42:48 PM

I've worked in Solidworks nearly every day for the last 11 years and can tell you that Nvidia's Quadro video cards are superior to ATI/AMD work station cards. Actually, that statement may be incorrect. The hardware may or may not be equal but Nvidia's drivers are definitely better.
April 27, 2011 3:45:23 PM

ok ty ram1009
!