New ram pc wont boot

yosh69

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Hello,
i have a DESKTOP acer aspire z5610 touchscreen computer with 4gb ram 1tbhdd and quad core cpu.
a month ago i bought an extra 2 sticks of ram each holding 2gb. i put them in turned on my comp and it tried to boot fans turning ect but nothing happend...i am i qualified comp engineer myself and just thought the ram was faulty so sent it back got replacement and same thing! assumed it was just the model then yesterday i bought 2 sticks of corsa ddr3 pc3 10660 1333mhz cl 9-9-9-24 and this did the same thing! i even tried installing windows 7 back on this comp as i put vista on it but still no luck. maybe bios? but i cant find one any other suggestions would be great thanks in advance guys

yosh69

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
All things like this ive tried theres 4 slots for the ram ive taken old out tried new in every combintation possible same for 1 stick and old ram works fine in all slots

sharkbyte5150

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Aspire%20Z5610&Cat=RAM
Can't get the Corsair site to come up but I'd go to their site and use the Memory configurator and see if the RAM you're buying is to spec.

You mention that you're a qualified computer engineer but you didn't think to look at what RAM was recommended for the system first? Some of these store bought systems can be very finicky with RAM. Not sure why you'd think re-installing OS would fix anything if you still don't know if your RAM is fully compatible.

yosh69

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Yes of corse i did this, and thats the ram i bought first got a replacement and still didnt work so i bought higher spec ram and doesnt work either

Although I am not familiar with this model, on many propriety motherboard they require the SID chip on the memory module to say that it is a Acer memory module. If a generic chip is fitted then it will not work although often a error message will tell you this. Try getting propriety memory.
Another idea is to try and increase the memory voltage to 1.65 volts

Good call on the first part! +1

I doubt the OEM board has the BIOS settings necessary unlocked to change the voltages though :/

Nedal0

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

The Acer Z5610 is very Tricky with RAM Modules. Here is exactly what you need for this particular AIO PC. You are basically looking for a DDR3 1333MHz Desktop PC RAM Modules but what you need to pay attention to is something from the Bus clock rate (MHz)1333 (PC3 10600)

It needs to be a PC3-10600. Don't be fooled because there is the 10600, 10666 and 16000.

Once again, the RAM Module you are looking for is the PC3-10600. To be precise, the Kingston KVR1333D3N9/2G is the RAM Module you are looking for and should work fine.

Hopefully this helps you and any others.