PC power problems since new psu fitted

Ponygirl77

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Hello,
Just fitted a new PSU as old one had failed. PC started up fine, but after about 30 mins, switched itself off. Did this a second time, and then would only power up for about 20 seconds before dying.

Help!

All modern boards have them ( cpu power ), and the system wouldn't have run for 30 mins. without it being plugged in.
Best to ask the OP for system specs and then begin trying to troubleshoot.

somdow

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
this may be stuppid but hey it happened to me! lol
How much wattage you getting from it?

for me i had my first gaming rig that i had built, and as for doing the research i KNEW that i had enough juice to power my baby, but to no avail, then after a good 2 months, and ALOT of posting on here and other sites, and talking to friends, no one could figur out what was wrong....

it would turn off randomly etc...but mainly also when gaming or using photoshop and programs like that.....so after trying MANY solutions including sending back SSD etc....

at my last moments sanity, my brain said "hmm whats this little jumper back here on the psu " ....i wonder if.............

FLIP!

wait for it............wait for it..............

SUCCESS! lol

my system wasnt getting enough power because the lil red switch at the back was at a lower setting. lol GOD i felt so dumb lol

so you may wanna check that....im just saying lol