Does Eyeinfinity support this setup?

hiekkamies

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
I am planning to do triple display set-up with Radeon 5000 series card and two 19" 4:3 and one 23" 16:9 monitor. The 23" would go to the middle and 19" to the both sides. 23" has displayport connection.

I read THG:s articles about Eyeinfinity and would like to make sure I understand the requirements and possibilities correctly. As I understand it, the following is true:

You can set up 3 monitors with almost any 5000 series card with DVI, DVI and DP connections.

I can only group monitors with same resolution to one display group and I can only run accelerated graphics on one display group. Therefore my set-up would not be able to run games in all monitors simultaneously, since resolutions differ (No big deal, productivity is the main thing for me).

I would have to set 23" as one display group and twin 19" to other. Does the software allow me to set my monitors in such a way, that one display group (23") is in the middle of another (19"+19")? Or do I have to put every monitor on their own group?

In other words, is there, with absolute certainty, settings that allow me to have monitors set-up with 23" in middle and 19" at both sides and span the desktop on these all?

a4mula

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Simply put, no.

Eyefinity is a single large surface, multiple monitors acting as a single screen.

In a non-eyefinity configuration (extended desktop) you can create any type of group you see fit. Your monitors will not act as a single screen, you'll have a primary and 2x extended, the desktop will reside on the primary while you gain the benefit of additional real estate with the extended.

If you'd like a single-large surface with this configuration you'll need to look into triplehead2go, or SoftTh.

TRENDING THREADS