GBA and the mass of upcoming nostalgic NES titles

I think it's cool that Nintendo is re-releasing a bunch of games from
the original NES, but I have absolutely no interest in buying any due
to the way they are releasing them. Who wants the clutter of a
handful of cartridges consisting of games that are so tiny? This is
2004, not 1984 - why didn't they put all these games onto a single
cartridge? That could easily be done. Or, better yet, if they really
want to celebrate the old NES why not create a Gamecube disc with
dozens of games? I'd gladly pay $50 for a disc filled with old
titles, but I have no interest in spending even $1 per title for games
on individual GBA cartridges. What a pain! A Gamecube disc with all
these games would even help compete against those bootleg machines
that store dozens of old 80s style games (largely Nintendo games)

Anyone else think this GBA-NES promotion is a bust, or am I crazy?

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

sp1974 wrote:

> I think it's cool that Nintendo is re-releasing a bunch of games from
> the original NES, but I have absolutely no interest in buying any due
> to the way they are releasing them. Who wants the clutter of a
> handful of cartridges consisting of games that are so tiny? This is
> 2004, not 1984 - why didn't they put all these games onto a single
> cartridge? That could easily be done. Or, better yet, if they really
> want to celebrate the old NES why not create a Gamecube disc with
> dozens of games? I'd gladly pay $50 for a disc filled with old
> titles, but I have no interest in spending even $1 per title for games
> on individual GBA cartridges. What a pain! A Gamecube disc with all
> these games would even help compete against those bootleg machines
> that store dozens of old 80s style games (largely Nintendo games)

Well, Animal Crossing already does that (and actually it does it with
several of the games involved in the NES rerelease).
The games are Balloon Fight, Donkey Kong, Excitebike, Clu Clu Land,
Donkey Kong Jr. Math, Pinball, Tennis, Golf, Soccer, DK Jr., Clu Clu
Land D, Donkey Kong 3, Super Mario Brothers, Zelda, Ice Climbers, Punchout.
There are codes to get most of the games, Action Replay codes to get
some more of them, but it's very difficult to get one or two of them.

> Anyone else think this GBA-NES promotion is a bust, or am I crazy?

The Super Mario Brothers cart was in the top 10 in Japan for weeks. I
imported the Bomberman one myself (honestly, I would've preferred it to
be Bomberman 2, but what can I say, I'm a big Bomberman fan).

sp1974@comcast.net (sp1974) wrote in message news:<4fc09691.0404280802.47c9393c@posting.google.com>...
> I think it's cool that Nintendo is re-releasing a bunch of games from
> the original NES, but I have absolutely no interest in buying any due
> to the way they are releasing them. Who wants the clutter of a
> handful of cartridges consisting of games that are so tiny? This is
> 2004, not 1984 - why didn't they put all these games onto a single
> cartridge? That could easily be done. Or, better yet, if they really
> want to celebrate the old NES why not create a Gamecube disc with
> dozens of games? I'd gladly pay $50 for a disc filled with old
> titles, but I have no interest in spending even $1 per title for games
> on individual GBA cartridges. What a pain! A Gamecube disc with all
> these games would even help compete against those bootleg machines
> that store dozens of old 80s style games (largely Nintendo games)
>
> Anyone else think this GBA-NES promotion is a bust, or am I crazy?

Stop complaining, get a flashcart and dl pocketnes. Easily have over
100 games, all with saves, on a single cart. And classic games are
more fun when they're portable!!