Dual Monitor, VGA onboard / HDMI 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.

iball8888

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
Hey guys, I am running Win7 Ult 64 bit. I just one a little TV from a raffle. Its a 15 inch 1080i composite TV. My main monitor is a 25 inch 1080p monitor. Because the TV is composite and not HDMI, I am using the VGA port to my onboard graphics, and then using my 5770 for my main HD Display. It seems to be working fine, however my main display, which although is 1080p resolution, seems to be scrunched. It is like I am not using the full monitor. There is a thick black border around the screen of unused space. My HD monitor is set up to be my main display.

How do I fix this?

Solution
Are you using HDMI on the main monitor? Yes? Then go to catalyst control center, click around till you find the display menu (cant give exact directions cause IDK what version you are using; AMD changed it recently), or the overscanning menu, or whatever, and turn off overscanning. There will be a slider, set it to 0.

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Are you using HDMI on the main monitor? Yes? Then go to catalyst control center, click around till you find the display menu (cant give exact directions cause IDK what version you are using; AMD changed it recently), or the overscanning menu, or whatever, and turn off overscanning. There will be a slider, set it to 0.

Solution

iball8888

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
ARRRGH!!!! Thank you...I was clicking around CCC and i was looking at that option, I didn't know what it was so I didn't touch it but i did EVERY other option, thank you so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.