Literally just put together my new pc:

i7 2600k 3.40ghz
P8P67 Deluxe
nVidia 560 ti
750w corsair TX
DDR3 Corsair RAM
1TB Samsung F3
+ some creative soundcard

So here is the story. I got a pre-made bundle from a UK based website were they would overclock the CPU to 4.60ghz so I wouldnt have to etc. I thought why not cuz then they would make sure the RAM, Mobo and CPU were working so I would have no problems etc.

I install everything and find that the CPU still reads at 3.40ghz. So I decided to come back to it later. I have no idea if this is me being a idiot or not but it might be useful to solve the problem?

So anyway, in the begining everything is working super smooth, turns on first time i load up windows 7 64bit no problems install all the drivers etc. Things are going so well I even start to download the new portal 2 from steam!

I have installed a load of stuff to decide to give it a restart and go in to the bios and see whats going on in there see, if i have to click on something to make the overclock happen. (I don't know a lot about this as you can tell). So I am looking at the settings specifically for this mobo the AI Tweaker menu. I then click on OC Tuner. Now I can't remember what it was on. Or what I changed it too. But as soon as i clicked on it the computer restarted. I didnt even click apply or save or any of that stuff. It just restarted.

Now when I reboot it, I get no picture no beeps, the lights and the fans come on, and the LED's that glow red when there is a problem on the motherboard get to the hard drive one and then it reboots again. And it does this at least 5 times (how long I waited).

Is this something that I did, and is there something that I can do to fix this because I really need to get this computer up and running for my graphic design final major project...

Cheers guys/girls!
April 27, 2011 9:12:01 PM

Quote:
Now when I reboot it, I get no picture no beeps, the lights and the fans come on, and the LED's that glow red when there is a problem on the motherboard get to the hard drive one and then it reboots again. And it does this at least 5 times (how long I waited).

Sorry it's when it gets to the CPU one... I just checked again. It doesn't look good to be honest does it...
a b B Homebuilt system
April 27, 2011 9:23:32 PM

Find the BIOS reset button/switch on the mainboard....
Related resources
April 27, 2011 9:24:50 PM

Haha if that works I am gunna laugh my tits off, because I have been freaking out that I am gunna have to take it all to bits again and send it back off!
April 27, 2011 9:52:03 PM

Well it worked a treat thanks very much mdd1963, I feel like I should hug you or something :o 

Much appreciated!
April 27, 2011 10:18:01 PM

I have another quick question/problem actually.

Now that everything is up and running, I am trying to install VLC Media Player (Latest version). I am using Win7 64bit, I am the only user on the computer and set as admin, but when I try and install it it tells me to enter admin password... I have googled this and only found Win XP versions of this problem.

Cheers!
April 28, 2011 7:23:06 AM

Yeah I have done that, I still get the message.

And also I am having the same problem as before now. The computer keeps restarting over and over...
April 28, 2011 6:47:10 PM

Restarting over means unstable overclocks.
OC tuner shouldn't be used, it starts the computer, adjust the settings and restart.
An overclock is made by hand.
If you want further information ask ahead, just odn't use overclock tuner.
When pc loop, just unplug your psu and plug it back.

Make sure to update your motherboard to the latest stable bios.
For VLC, right click on the installer and click open as administrator.
April 28, 2011 10:43:13 PM

I managed to fix it, but popping the ram in slot 1 and 3 instead of 2 and 4, and then I reloaded the OC profile in the BIOS and restarted the pc. However, apparently it was because of a problem with the computer going in to sleep mode. OC pc's don't like this apparently and don't always come out of sleep. So i turned it all off and its worked fine since that so SOLVED!

Thanks for the VLC tip too!
!