fasih321

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
There is a UPS connected with my System when AC Power losses, the system gets restarted every time. Can anybody suggest me the possible causes?

Processor: Core i5 2500k
Mobo : Asus P8H67 - V
HardDrive : Seagate ST 31000524AS
Power Supply : 450 Watt

compulsivebuilder

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
If the UPS battery is old, or faulty, then it might not provide the power that the UPS needs to support your machine after mains power fails.

If your UPS has a Test button, use it. That should let you know if the battery is good.

It is also possible that you have a UPS that is inadequate to power your machine. UPS ratings can be misleading.

Will the UPS power a 100W lamp? How old is it, and what brand and model? UPS batteries typically last no more than 4-5 years, and can typically be replaced. If it isn't the battery, read on...
Does the PSU have active PFC (no little voltage switch)? Although these are definitely the ones to buy (anything with a little voltage switch is, at best, an older, inefficient design), they can be more sensitive to waveform and may shut off if they don't see a sine wave, or reasonably close approximation. The solution in that case is to buy a better UPS, that outputs a better waveform. I use an APC unit with true sine output with my Antec SG-650 because it will also shut off on a poor-quality waveform.