glenvern

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
I am trying to run two displays with Windows 7. (no Graphics card)

1. VGA from MB
2. from USB-VGA adapter

I get jerky movement on screen. Does anyone know how to cure this please.

Yep, get a graphics card. You did not list any computer or video adapter brands, models, what application is playing poorly, monitor resolution, really any detail that will help figure things out. Without the right info, any suggestions are just guesses.

Best bet, lower the resolution and see if that helps, don't expect movies or games to run well on that setup.

glenvern

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
I'm running windows 7 on an intel i5 661 setup
Asus p7h55m USB3 MB with VGA/DVI/HDMI
8gb RAM.

Can you advise what dual VGA Graphics card specs should I look for?

(monitors do not have HDMI soclets unfortunately)
(can't get DVI/VGA adapter in, not enough room)

^ yea, you can't fit one of these.. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=dvi+to+vga+adaptor&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=7504742066661884170&ei=7OVjTY3IFsGclgfCiNyBDA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CC8Q8gIwAg# on the back of the board?

If you only have the one monitor hooked up to the main video out, is it running OK?

The motherboard has dual video outputs that should run basic movie/application stuff very well, you should not need to have anything extra added.

glenvern

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
Yes VGA runs perfect on it's own..

can you comment on which of these cards would be best suited for my windows 7 system? -

ASUS EN8400GS SILENT/P/512M/EU GF 8400 GS DVI ( HDCP )

Radeon HD 4350 DVI, HDMI ( HDCP ) - HDTV out - lite retail

thanx..

The video card you pick will have to be based on what kind of case you have, how much power your power supply makes, and your uses for the computer. Need that info for a good pick. Either of the cards you listed will run in pretty much any system, but why not just use the adapter for the DVI port on the motherboard? If you have space to plug in a cord, you have space for the adapter.

If those cards don't have VGA ports (which they may not), you'd need an adapter anyway.

glenvern

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
If I use the VGA on the MB then I can't use the DVI they are too close together it's one or the other.

I am not a gamer so don't need high powered card, more of an office machinist... but still do not need the display to be jerky.

My original need was for up to four displays, but that goal seems to be disappearing down the tubes.

I'm struggling to get two to work. (is VGA a dieing artform) seems DVI is taking over.

Have you ever seen a multi DVI card?

Odd that the spacing is not enough to fit 2 connections, but I guess you're there and I'm not so you c n see it exactly.

If you want 4 displays, it's very doable. But may cost you a bit. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=quad+output+video+card&aq=0&aqi=g6g-m4&aql=&oq=quad+outpu

Matrox, although not good for gaming, is a strong company for multi-monitor display, this pdf will help you choose, there is a listing of how many monitors they will support. Keep in mind that the cards are hundreds of dollars for quad displays, but you may be able to find a used one. http://www.matrox.com/graphics/media/pdf/products/en_product_lineup_us_can_21B156D89593.pdf