Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Suddenly my laptop has no sound

Last response: in Windows 8
January 12, 2013 10:05:30 AM

Hello,

Suddenly my laptop has no sound. Any suggestions on how to remedy the problem?

More about : suddenly laptop sound

January 14, 2013 2:12:40 AM

babu_64 said:
Hello,
suddenly my laptop has no sound when no sound then my laptop all sound off.why problem ?

Check to make sure that you haven't hit the Mute function key by accident. It may be F11 (or close to it!)
Some systems require you to hold down a function key while doing that. That key is usually near the bottom
left of the keyboard, next to the CTRL key or the Windows Logo key.
m
l

Best solution

January 14, 2013 4:01:17 AM

babu_64 said:
Hello,
suddenly my laptop has no sound when no sound then my laptop all sound off.why problem ?

fios-dave said:
Check to make sure that you haven't hit the Mute function key by accident. It may be F11 (or close to it!)
Some systems require you to hold down a function key while doing that. That key is usually near the bottom
left of the keyboard, next to the CTRL key or the Windows Logo key.

May I ask, just before you enter your desktop, is it already not making a sound? Do first what fios-dave said. If the problem is still there, try downloading an update for your sound driver. Then if, the problem is still now solved, re-install your Win 8.
Related resources
August 3, 2013 12:07:32 AM

I downloaded AudioPlaybackDiagnostic.exe from the microsoft website ran it, and it restored my audio device settings and now I can enjoy listening to my music :) 
m
l
September 24, 2013 11:25:39 AM

Download Auto Sound Fixer and run. Put a tick on "Automatically download and install missing audio drivers" and click "Fix" worked like a charm!
m
l
August 29, 2014 1:45:50 PM

do this
Start -> control panel -> Device Manager -> sound,video and game controllers

click on the sound,video and game controllers theres will be :

High definition Audio or Realtek High definition Audio

right click on it and Disable it > yes > yes > it will restart the pc or laptop
then when ur pc starts again it will popup a window asking u to solve the problem with the sound
just go through it and its done :) 

thats work for me ( Alienware Laptop )
m
l
!