Closed Solved

Suddenly my laptop has no sound

Hello,

Suddenly my laptop has no sound. Any suggestions on how to remedy the problem?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about suddenly laptop sound
  1. babu_64 said:
    Hello,
    suddenly my laptop has no sound when no sound then my laptop all sound off.why problem ?

Check to make sure that you haven't hit the Mute function key by accident. It may be F11 (or close to it!)
    Some systems require you to hold down a function key while doing that. That key is usually near the bottom
    left of the keyboard, next to the CTRL key or the Windows Logo key.
  2. Best answer
    babu_64 said:
    Hello,
    suddenly my laptop has no sound when no sound then my laptop all sound off.why problem ?

Anonymous said:
    Check to make sure that you haven't hit the Mute function key by accident. It may be F11 (or close to it!)
    Some systems require you to hold down a function key while doing that. That key is usually near the bottom
    left of the keyboard, next to the CTRL key or the Windows Logo key.

May I ask, just before you enter your desktop, is it already not making a sound? Do first what fios-dave said. If the problem is still there, try downloading an update for your sound driver. Then if, the problem is still now solved, re-install your Win 8.
  3. I downloaded AudioPlaybackDiagnostic.exe from the microsoft website ran it, and it restored my audio device settings and now I can enjoy listening to my music :)
  4. Download Auto Sound Fixer and run. Put a tick on "Automatically download and install missing audio drivers" and click "Fix" worked like a charm!
  5. do this
    Start -> control panel -> Device Manager -> sound,video and game controllers

click on the sound,video and game controllers theres will be :

High definition Audio or Realtek High definition Audio

right click on it and Disable it > yes > yes > it will restart the pc or laptop
    then when ur pc starts again it will popup a window asking u to solve the problem with the sound
    just go through it and its done :)

thats work for me ( Alienware Laptop )
  6. I had the same problem and I did what R3Dx recomended. It was simple and it worked! Thank you.
  7. R3Dx said:
    do this

then when ur pc starts again it will popup a window asking u to solve the problem with the sound

Thankyou! Your fix worked. This was a scary situation. I thought I was managing OK with my switchover to windows 8, until the sound stopped. Still not sure what caused it though...
  8. Right-Click on the My Computer icon.Click on Manage.Then go to Device Manager>sound,video and game controllers>Realtek Hi-Definition Audio,right-click it and click uninstall.Then it will tell you to Restart your Laptop.Do it and you will get your sound back.
  9. R3Dx said:
    do this

I did this but now it just says my sound is disabled, there was no pop up window
  10. Control Panel -> Device Manger-> Audio Inputs and Outputs-> Click on High Definition Device -> Update Driver Software
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Laptops Windows 8