Sign in with
Your question

Gpu questions

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 22, 2011 11:21:30 AM

can i use a pci express x16 2.0 on this motherboard or only a x16? and which one should i get for around 60 bucks? im just trying to not use the integrated anymore because there are alot of driver issues and crashing and i think its because the integrated video. thanks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : gpu questions

a c 130 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2011 12:51:08 PM

I dont know but would suspect that the answer is that some PCIE 2.0 cards if not all wont play nice with that board. to find out you really need to contact MSI and ask them.

Mactronix :) 
m
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2011 12:57:50 PM

Actually hold that thought i just opened teh link again to see if i could find a link to the MSI product page when i noticed they are offering it with a 5770 as a combo package. There are various other combo packages so it would seem teh board will run 2.0 cards after all.

m
l
Related resources
February 22, 2011 2:34:11 PM

For sure though? I don't want to buy something that isn't compatible. Can anyone else confirm??
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 22, 2011 2:35:50 PM

If they're offering it as a package with a PCI-E 2.1 card, then i'd say for sure or you can sue them for false advertising.
m
l
February 22, 2011 4:28:10 PM

Newegg.com cannot guarantee the compatibility of Combo items. Please contact the manufacturer(s) directly if you have issues or concerns regarding compatibility.
m
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2011 4:34:39 PM

They can put what disclaimers they like, bottom line is this. If they sell good that are not fit for purpose then they are liable for making reparations. It is more than reasonable to expect components that are sold as combo items in this fasion to work together. At the very least you should be able to return the goods for a full refund (Including postage).
If you dont fancy taking a chance then by all means phone MSI like i said at the start, you really have nothing but the cost of a phone call to lose.

m
l
!