Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
ZT Affinity 7337Ma
Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz
Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium
19-in-1 Media Card Reader
Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Item # 466520

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS COMPUTER FOR ME????? IS IT ANY GOOD??? HERE ARE THE SPECS ON IT.

THANK YOU..........

An award-winning American manufacturer, ZT Systems is celebrating 15 years building high quality PCs right here in the USA. All ZT computers feature Lifetime 24x7 Toll Free Technical Support.

Processor & Memory:

AMD Phenom™ II X4 Processor 945 (3.0GHz)
AMD 780V / SB700 chipset
8GB DDR2 SDRAM memory (4 x 2GB, shared)
Drives:

1TB (7,200RPM) SATA Hard Drive
22x max DVD±RW optical drive
Front panel 19-in-1 multimedia card reader
Graphics & Video:

Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 3100 graphics with DVI
Communications:

10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Audio:

8-channel capable audio with Jack Sensing
Keyboard & Mouse:

ZT 104-Key Desktop Keyboard
ZT Optical Mouse
Expandability (total bays):

2 x 5.25" external (1 occupied)
2 x 3.5" external (1 occupied)
4 x 3.5" internal (1 occupied)
1 x PCIe x16
1 x PCIe x1
2 x PCI
Ports and Slots:

DVI port
VGA port (15-pin)
6 x USB 2.0
2 x PS/2
6 in 1 Audio-out port
RJ-45 (LAN)
Operating System & Software:

Microsoft® Windows 7 Premium
Symantec Norton Internet Security 2009 (90-day trial)
Additional Information:

CPU Dimensions: 14.25" H x 7.2" W x 16.5" D
CPU weight (approximate): 25 lbs.
Power Supply: 300W ATX
Hardware Warranty: 2-year limited hardware parts and labor from date of purchase
Lifetime 24/7 toll-free phone support
Email and fax support from 9am-6pm EST
For information, visit www.ztsystems.com/support
[Model Affinity 7337Ma]

Solution
Those 2-D type board and card games will not need a separate video.
3-D type games like World of Warcraft, etc. are the type that need a separate video card.
Likely any of the computers you see will work out well for you.

I saw some PCs on the Costco that aren't quite as expensive as the $800 X4 620 and $1000 Q8300.
And they'll work just fine for what you do:
$580 HP Pavilion p6250t E5300 2.6Ghz + 20" monitor
$499 ZT Systems E5300 2.6Ghz + no monitor
$400 HP Pavilion p6210t E5300 2.6Ghz + no monitor

kathysgrandkids

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
or i can get one of these computers......................I do email, facebook, light gaming, save pictures, ebay, google, stuff like that........

Here are the other two I looked at getting:

intel core2 quad q8300

amd x4 quad core 620

D

Deleted member 217926

The ZT Affinity 7337Ma has a pretty good processor and memory BUT has a few weaknesses. It has integrated graphics not a discreet graphics card and will be weak for any kind of gaming or watching videos. It also only has a 300 watt power supply that will keep you from upgrading to any but the weakest graphics cards without also upgrading power supplies.

Not sure the specs of the other 2 but the q-8300 should be faster than the 620 by a small margin.

It's probably more computer than you need for what you do.
What are the price differences between the /core2 quad q8300 / x4 quad core 620 / Phenom II X4 945 systems?

As someone mentioned - you'll probably want to add in a graphics card for your 'light gaming'.
The built in (integrated) HD 3100 graphics is fine for everything else. You'd be able to take it home and test it out.

kathysgrandkids

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Actually, all 3 computers come with monitor, keyboard, and mouse, the full set up at Costco stores.

So I should get the cheaper one, the ZT? Will I have to add a graphics card? That would cost money as certainly ha ha I can't install it.

Or, if you know of a better computer for me, I would gladly take any suggestions. I am new to this stuff and just want the best computer for my money.

What I really want in my next computer is for web pages to load fast.

I really do appreciate all the help.

Kathy

Getting your webpages to load fast - do you have high speed internet connection?
Any of the computer's you're looking at is fast enough for you as long as your internet connection isn't slowing things up.

Your 'light gaming' might not be the same as our light gaming.
What kinds of games do you play?
Do you know what video card is in your current computer?

Unless I'm mistaken the ZT Affinity 7337Ma does not come with a computer monitor.

kathysgrandkids

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Yes, we have ATT&T internet service.

The games I play are: (don't laugh) Bejeweled, Farkle, scrable, things like that.

I currently have a Gateway computer and I don't know what the Video card is that is in it. Sorry!

You are RIGHT, I just checked and the 599.99 ZT Affinity does NOT come with a monitor just keyboard and mouse which I don't need as I have good wireless ones.

daviduk109

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2008
those games don't look too graphically intensive so maybe a separate graphics card is not required for those types of game.

I tried a wireless mouse but didn't like it, the mouse required batteries to operate, the weight of which I found something of a strain to keep pushing around all day.

Those 2-D type board and card games will not need a separate video.
3-D type games like World of Warcraft, etc. are the type that need a separate video card.
Likely any of the computers you see will work out well for you.

I saw some PCs on the Costco that aren't quite as expensive as the $800 X4 620 and $1000 Q8300.
And they'll work just fine for what you do:
$580 HP Pavilion p6250t E5300 2.6Ghz + 20" monitor
$499 ZT Systems E5300 2.6Ghz + no monitor
$400 HP Pavilion p6210t E5300 2.6Ghz + no monitor

Solution

ZX6R

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Hey everyone, just wanted to say I was looking to buy this same computer and because of all the questions and answers on this thread, I was able to make the educated decision to purchase this same desktop from Costco. I was in about just the same shoes as the person looking for this desktop, I have a gateway and I was looking at similar alternatives. Only difference was I already have a 650 watt powersupply and an Nvidia 9800GT video card sooo I'm just ganna replace my gateway with its stock powersupply and use its integrated videocard and upgrade my new 7337MA from costco as soon as it ships in.

Any idea how it should run with these 2 upgrades? I play world of warcraft as well as upcoming starcraft 2 and diablo 3. I was ganna build my own gaming pc with the new i7 but that would of cost closer to 1000 with everything, thought this was a more economic substitute. and from what i've been reading, it should be good enough for what I do. Might want to upgrade my video card to dual someday but for now i think this'll do just fine =D

Thanks again! starting to use this forum a lot more now...

-Leo

dc3john

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
What a great forum. I bought the same computer at costco.

I was considering upgrading the power supply to: XPOWER585 585W ATX12V 2.01 for 25$ on newegg.com

The graphics problem. I like playing COD. Not the new one, I'm BOYCOTTING! lol just the first modern warfare.

This is the graphics card i'm considering: nVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 8600GT PCI Express 16x 1GB 1024MB DDR2 for 70$

This is the best card that I can find that is a reasonable price and still on the pcie 1.0. What do you guys think of the upgrade? Price and how it will preform with COD.

Thanks so much, this is my first post ever on tom's hardware and can't wait for all of your help.
John

D

Deleted member 217926

If you need help please start a new thread.
My advice......do not but that cheapo power supply. The power supply is one place you dont want to go "budget". It can blow and take other parts with it.
PCI Express is backwards compatable and only the highest end dual GPU graphics cards ( ~$500) max out the PCI Express 1 bandwidth.