Sign in with
Your question

Physx has disappeared on my GeForce9400 based motherboard

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2011 2:46:15 PM

I have a Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H motherboard.
It uses a GeForce 9400 graphics chip.
Originally, it had PhysX running with no problems. There was a demo utility that included various demo scenes. It was brilliant.
Now, presumably after a graphics driver update or two, & a number of months of not playing games, I discover that PhysX is nowhere to be seen. Even the demo is gone.
I downloaded another PhysX demo, phluidfysics, and its rubbish. Clearly no PhysX accelration is running on my system.
Curiously, there is a PhysX subdirectory in Program Files
GPUz shows the PhysX box un-ticked.
I've rolled-back the driver - still no PhysX.
Whats happening?
Have NVidia decided to prevent PhysX from being used on anything but the top-end chips?
I can find nothing to tell me.
February 22, 2011 3:04:09 PM

Physx on 9400GT?LOL,Buddy,Physx needs atleast 32 cuda cores to be enabled in a system.9400gt is not a gaming card and is never a top end card,higher number does not means performance always,a 8600gt is faster than your card.9400gt has 16cores.it cannot run physx in any way.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2011 3:17:38 PM

Scoff all you like mrjericho1991, but I am telling you that it did work, & worked well.
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a c 227 V Motherboard
February 22, 2011 3:28:29 PM

FYI, from Nvidia:

Which NVIDIA GeForce GPUs support PhysX?

The minimum requirement to support GPU-accelerated PhysX is a GeForce 8-series or later GPU with a minimum of 32 cores and a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory. However, each PhysX application has its own GPU and memory recommendations. In general, 512MB of graphics memory is recommended unless you have a GPU that is dedicated to PhysX.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2011 3:55:11 PM

COLGeek said:
Are you using the latest drivers from Nvidia? I really don't think that Nvidia would pull Physx support for the 9400?

Check this link for Physx drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.10.0513-driver.htm...

Good luck!

Hi COLGeek,
Thanks, already tried it. This latest driver doesn't help.

By the way, I'm running with Vista 32bit.

Here's a page from the manual that shows it should & did work.
a b Î Nvidia
a c 227 V Motherboard
February 22, 2011 3:59:57 PM

Quote:
Hi COLGeek,
Thanks, already tried it. This latest driver doesn't help.

By the way, I'm running with Vista 32bit.

Here's a page from the manual that shows it should & did work.

No argument from me. If you say it worked, I am good to go.

Have you tried running Driversweeper to completely remove all Nvidia drivers and then re-installing the latest drivers, from scratch? If not, try that. Standing by.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 22, 2011 10:59:54 PM

Hi COLGeek,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll download Driversweeper & give it a go. Sounds pretty useful to me! I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers.
!