Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will a sparkle Geforce 8400 GS fit this motherboard?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 22, 2011 3:12:11 PM

Hello, i'm extremely new to this customizing scene. However, i'm wondering what the implications will be if i could put this http://www.spire.co.uk/product_details.php?spire_code=N... NX8400GS GRAPHICS PLUS PCIE CARD. 512MB. DDR2. HDTV. DVI. HDCP. FAN CUDA
onto this http://www.overclock.co.uk/product/ECS-MCP61M-M3-Geforc...
Also, what should i consider when selecting a graphics card? bus speed, memory... etc? thanks.
P.S. Any reccomendations of graphics card for my cpu would be greatly appreciated.
a c 218 U Graphics card
a c 212 V Motherboard
February 22, 2011 3:57:08 PM

Will it fit and work? The answer is yes.

Things to consider: budget and primary uses (gaming, development, office applications, etc)

So, how much would you like to spend (and where) and how do you intend to use?
February 22, 2011 4:28:08 PM

COLGeek said:
Will it fit and work? The answer is yes.

Things to consider: budget and primary uses (gaming, development, office applications, etc)

So, how much would you like to spend (and where) and how do you intend to use?


thank you very much for your comments. I'm definitely not going to be doing top of the range gaming. heck, my monitor isn't even of such a high resolution. The most graphic intensive task i will probably ever do is 10 HD (760p to 1080p) youtube videos running on one browser simultaneously.
Related resources
a c 218 U Graphics card
a c 212 V Motherboard
February 22, 2011 4:31:15 PM

The one you selected will be fine. However, Sparkle doesn't make the best of products. I would suggest another vendor over them myself. Here is a MSI offering that I would recommend over the Sparkle (same chipset):

http://www.spire.co.uk/product_details.php?spire_code=N...
a c 218 U Graphics card
a c 212 V Motherboard
February 22, 2011 4:38:10 PM

Quote:
I'd still want a better card and newer technology than the 8400GS.
Spend $70 and at least get a GT430.
IMO..

+1, this is VERY true. Keep in mind that the OP is apparently in the UK so his options may be more limited that here in the States for GPUs in his price range. Regardless, malmental is right that there are much better offerings than the Sparkle 8400GS.

What is your max budget? And, have you looked at misco for their deals/sales?
February 22, 2011 4:45:27 PM

COLGeek said:
+1, this is VERY true. Keep in mind that the OP is apparently in the UK so his options may be more limited that here in the States for GPUs in his price range. Regardless, malmental is right that there are much better offerings than the Sparkle 8400GS.

What is your max budget? And, have you looked at misco for their deals/sales?


I live in the UK :) . and my budget is uber uber uber cheap. please don't drop your jaw and laugh at how poor i am... $40. also, can you tell me what's so bad about the model i picked?
What other brand names would you recommend.
Thanks, you're being superlatively helpful.

edit: I have a friend who has special dispensation concerning prices of GPU's (20% discount). So they're still slightly chepaer.
Also, I got my setup that has amd 2 x2 250 dual core cpu (3.0ghz), 3gb ddr3 ram, (1x1gb and 1x2gb) as well as 500gb hard drive with 256 shared GPU. would you say i got a bargain at $177?
a c 218 U Graphics card
a c 212 V Motherboard
February 22, 2011 4:52:05 PM

Sparkle makes below-average products. MSI, Gigabyte, Asus all make better.
February 23, 2011 9:24:09 PM

Quote:
you have to do better than $40 bro.....
you can try and eBay and cross your fingers.
the 8400GS and Sparkle, not even worth the $40.


what about the ATI Radeon Hd 4350? is that good?
a c 218 U Graphics card
a c 212 V Motherboard
February 23, 2011 9:39:52 PM

Not a bad general purpose GPU (HD4350).
a c 218 U Graphics card
a c 212 V Motherboard
February 23, 2011 9:56:56 PM

BTW, what are you using now? The 4350 may not be much of an improvement over the integrated video you are likely using. That being said, I am sending you a Private Message with an offer you can't refuse.
February 28, 2011 6:06:08 PM

COLGeek said:
BTW, what are you using now? The 4350 may not be much of an improvement over the integrated video you are likely using. That being said, I am sending you a Private Message with an offer you can't refuse.

well\ all i can give you is "GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 Graphics" i can't collate that much info on it, but it's definitely lower spec.

to the nicest guy on the site.
a c 218 U Graphics card
a c 212 V Motherboard
February 28, 2011 6:10:43 PM

The difference between the 4350 and 6150 is not all that great. I think there are better ways to spend a few pounds than for that relatively small increase in performance.

The 6150 will be okay until something better is installed, so you really don't need to be in a hurry. It will handle most general purpose computing needs adequately.

HOOAH!!!
!