Which chipset? LGA1155

So I plan on putting together a new PC (or at least, one with a new motherboard and processor) fairly soon. I may buy Sandy Bridge but by the time I've worked out all this I might go straight for Ivy. Because of this I'd be looking for a motherboard that can support both. Anyway, with the launch of lots of new chipsets at the moment, I thought I'd ask the community a question about which chipset would best suit me:

-I do NOT plan on buying more than one graphics card
-I do NOT plan on overclocking my cpu (and I doubt I'll ever be motivated to, for those who suggest an OC friendly motherboard might be a good idea anyway).
-I don't plan on using an SSD.

Those are the criteria currently influencing my decision... I'm leaning towards H77 or Z75. Beyond the actual chipset, though, I haven't begun to look at too many specific motherboards. And I suppose I could find a basic Z77 one which might be in the same price range as the other chipsets. Price isn't a huge issue for me, but I'd prefer not to find myself paying for features which I won't use, such as dual gpus or OCing features. A second related question would be whether many of the features that the Z77 chipset has are native to all z77 motherboards, or only some (e.g. I know there are z77s which do not support 2 x 8 PCIe, when the chipset supports it).Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about which chipset lga1155
  1. some Z68 boards like Asrock support PCIE 3.0, and very budget friendly. I'd wait for benchmarks,tests and reviews on Z77 boards before I venture into those. Just me.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Chipsets Product