Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

first DS game announced!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 8:10:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1583570,00.asp


Telegames Announces First DS Project
By David Smith
5/3/2004

The first official announcement of a Nintendo DS title comes from a
rather unusual quarter. Telegames, the small Texas publisher
responsible for bringing the Game Boy Advance classic Urban Yeti to
market, today announced that it plans to produce a DS compilation of
games from its Ultimate Brain Games and Ultimate Card Games series.
Telegames' current design for the as-yet-untitled compilation would
include the following card and board games:

ADVERTISEMENT



Brain Games


Chess
Checkers
Backgammon
Mahjong
Dominoes
4-in-a-Row
Sink the Ships
Reversi
Shogi
Go
Card Games


Hearts
Spades
Bridge
Euchre
Cribbage
Canasta
Gin Rummy
Go Fish
Crazy Eights
Chess
Pinochle
Draw Poker
Blackjack
Texas Hold 'Em
Skat
The card-game selection will also include some 50 solitaire variations
and five versions of video poker.

Presentation elements surrounding the games themselves will let
players design a simple 3D avatar and interact with other virtual
players in a 3D environment. In addition, Telegames promises to reveal
more features taking advantage of as-yet-unannounced DS capabilities
once the system is unveiled at E3.

Since we know you're all high on the prospect of wireless multiplayer
dual-screen Hold 'Em, we'll have more details once the picture becomes
clearer.

More about : game announced

Anonymous
May 4, 2004 4:47:38 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

Sounds pretty good, actually..

"Sink The Ships" (!) With a touch screen would be fun..
In fact.. Let's be honest..
ALL of those would :D 


Where's Scrabble!?

ME WANT SCRABBLE!!! :D 


"R420" <radeonr420@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:51488ce2.0405031510.75dce982@posting.google.com...
> http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1583570,00.asp
>
>
> Telegames Announces First DS Project
> By David Smith
> 5/3/2004
>
> The first official announcement of a Nintendo DS title comes from a
> rather unusual quarter. Telegames, the small Texas publisher
> responsible for bringing the Game Boy Advance classic Urban Yeti to
> market, today announced that it plans to produce a DS compilation of
> games from its Ultimate Brain Games and Ultimate Card Games series.
> Telegames' current design for the as-yet-untitled compilation would
> include the following card and board games:
>
> ADVERTISEMENT
>
>
>
> Brain Games
>
>
> Chess
> Checkers
> Backgammon
> Mahjong
> Dominoes
> 4-in-a-Row
> Sink the Ships
> Reversi
> Shogi
> Go
> Card Games
>
>
> Hearts
> Spades
> Bridge
> Euchre
> Cribbage
> Canasta
> Gin Rummy
> Go Fish
> Crazy Eights
> Chess
> Pinochle
> Draw Poker
> Blackjack
> Texas Hold 'Em
> Skat
> The card-game selection will also include some 50 solitaire variations
> and five versions of video poker.
>
> Presentation elements surrounding the games themselves will let
> players design a simple 3D avatar and interact with other virtual
> players in a 3D environment. In addition, Telegames promises to reveal
> more features taking advantage of as-yet-unannounced DS capabilities
> once the system is unveiled at E3.
>
> Since we know you're all high on the prospect of wireless multiplayer
> dual-screen Hold 'Em, we'll have more details once the picture becomes
> clearer.
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 4:47:39 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

"Jayenkai" <jnkltd@softhome.net> wrote in message
news:D SAlc.188$i24.32@newsfe1-win...
> Sounds pretty good, actually..
>
> "Sink The Ships" (!) With a touch screen would be fun..
> In fact.. Let's be honest..
> ALL of those would :D 
>
>
> Where's Scrabble!?
>
> ME WANT SCRABBLE!!! :D 
>
>

I think that's missing because it's a licensed property.
Related resources
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 6:30:24 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

mganai:
>> ME WANT SCRABBLE!!! :D 
>
> I think that's missing because it's a licensed property.

Didn't stop Yahoo Games and 'Literati'... something similar to "Sink Ships"
or "4-in-a-row" could easily avoid copyright while presenting the same basic
gameplay. The only problem is fitting an entire dictionary for computer
play, or allowing 2-player games to have words like "ZVRQZ" go unchallenged.

--
-----------
Deep Thought
-----------
Erase the Earth
to e-mail me.
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 7:01:20 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

DeepThought wrote:
> mganai:
>
>>>ME WANT SCRABBLE!!! :D 
>>
>>I think that's missing because it's a licensed property.
>
>
> Didn't stop Yahoo Games and 'Literati'... something similar to "Sink Ships"
> or "4-in-a-row" could easily avoid copyright while presenting the same basic
> gameplay. The only problem is fitting an entire dictionary for computer
> play, or allowing 2-player games to have words like "ZVRQZ" go unchallenged.
>

A dictionary would not take up much room or be a limiting factor. I
think the original poster is correct in that licensing issues do arise
with this game and Monopoly due to WMS Industries having the final say
whether games "based on" these originals are allowed to be marketed
outside of their jurisdiction (in the US and Canada at least).
!