New Problem PC ;) Help Please!

laviathon

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
I had this computer built and received it about 2 weeks ago. When I try to power up the Ram check light comes on then goes back off the fans rev and then it repeats. If I unplug it let it sit for a few minutes then plug it back in, it might boot. When it does come up it is a crash monster. I get the BSOD about every 5 minutes and for some reason it is always a different crash reason. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thought about asking for a mother board change but not sure.

CPU: AMD Phenom™II X6 1100T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
FAN: XtremeGear Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Kingston HyperX)
MOTHERBOARD: Asus M4A87TD EVO AMD 870 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3 ATX w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, IEEE1394a, USB3.0, SATA-III, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
POWERSUPPLY: 700 Watts - XtremeGear Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6970 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card (

Welcome, Newcomer. Nice rig! Considering that you've got a water-cooled system, I'd venture to say you're overclocking, or planning to. For OC stability, you'll want to make sure that your RAM is correctly set, but before you can do that, let's address your boot problem.

First thing I would do is to send an email or make a phone call to the company that built your system. Ask them if the warranty would be voided if you were to open the case to aide in diagnosing your problem.

If you get the green light, start by working your way through our troubleshooting checklist. Click on the link in my signature, grab a notepad, and work through every applicable step. Make sure you jot down any observations. Also, if need be, check out jsc's guide to breadboarding; the link is at the bottom of the troubleshooting checklist.

Good luck!

laviathon

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
I have tried everything using CPU-Z. I had permission to go in and checked everything. I built my last 3 PC's myself so am pretty savvy. Just not sure about that Motherboard. Was Thinking about getting them to change it to the MSI 890GXM-G65 what are thoughts? I really believe Its mother board problems. I just mailed it back to them today was wanting to make sure there were no changes I should make.

... and thanks for the welcome.

essentially 'dead out of the box'? concur with letting the builder 'make it right'...

If they grant you permission to open the case for basic troubleshooting, using one RAM stick at a time in required slot would be a good first step...

Once you can at least get into the BIOS with some stability, then you can check RAM freqs/timings/voltage settings....; not every maker's RAM will work on every MB at above 1333 MHz (and especially1600 MHz) at default voltage....