First build with problems

Hello,
Im building my first rig and im having the same issue over and over. I have a i7 920 processor and a evga sli3 board with kingston 4x4gb ram and a bfg 1000 watt psu using a readon hd graphics card. I get power but no display. I tired everything from one ram to no ram to a basic graphics card. could the psu effect the display. swapped with a lower watt psu and still not luck. the evga has a boot/temp display and it stays of FF which by the book means its booting. Thought it might need time since it is new but after an hours just does the same thing. I get no display at all. harddrive sound like there running. i have tried different displays including hd television. SO lost on what to do next.
4 answers Last reply
More about first build problems
  1. have you tried turnning your hd radeon in another system to see if its a dead card
  2. yes, actually tried it on an older gateway just in case and it worked perfect. worked even with the on board graphics card issues i was having with it.
  3. i would pull the mb out of the case to see if you shorted it to the mb tray. also i check that the cmos jumper in the right pins and that on the mb header you did not place hd or power led on the reset pins. when you have the mb on the table if there no ram installed you should get a cmos beep code if you have a speaker attached. also on newer mb there a 4 or 8 pin extra block on mb that give extra power to these new mb if you dont have that connected it wont post.
  4. Is it possable to have uncompatable ram?
    Kingston Technology HyperX 16 GB Kit (4x4 GB Modules) 16 Quad Channel Kit 1600 (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX
    by Kingston

evga x58 board compat list
    ■Kingston KHX1600C9D3K3/6GX 1GB
    ■Kingston KHX1600C8D3K3/6GX 2GB
    ■Kingston KHX12800D3LLK3/3GX 1GB
    ■Kingston KHX13000D3LLK2/2GX 1GB
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Graphics Cards Motherboards Displays