travis myers92

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
So I am FINALLY getting rid of my dell xps 400 and bought a ton of new parts but my question is this. How long does newegg shipping take? I went with the free shipping cause im on a budget enough as it is. But the plus side, is I live about 60 miles from city of industry in california so its relatively close :]
If anyone has a estimate they could throw at me id love it. Sorry if this is a frequently asked question I couldnt find much about being within my range on the search engine.

As much as I love them the free shipping sometimes sucks, especially when they use DHL.

Not only that, sometimes your order doesn't even ship for 2 days. I've actually cancelled orders because on the 3rd day the order still showed as "processing". When I called them they said it's not uncommon and their policy is up to 48hrs for processing.

Usually it's not too bad, but occasionally your order does not ship for a day or two. DHL (usually envelopes) can take up to 7 business day's to arrive.

themarin8r

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

Where are you located? I am in CT and I have had ordered stuff with free shipping that shipped from NJ (3-5 days) that I would get next day if I ordered in the morning. And I have also never received anything from NewEgg in any other mail type other than UPS.

I live in S. Florida.

Newegg uses DHL for a lot of their free shipping.

Considering they have a warehouse in NJ, it's not surprising you get your orders pretty fast. Even UPS ground would be 1 day.

I've been ordering from Newegg since 2001 and have spent over $30,000 with them.

They never used to even offer UPS, they were FED EX only. Those were the good old days.

It's amazing to me how someone can order from Newegg at 4pm and the item ships that day. Yet I've spend $30K with them and after 2 business days my order still hasn't been processed. I call and complain and they tell me it will not ship today, which is the 2nd business day. So I told them to cancel the order.

Wolfshadw

Titan
While I haven't spent $30K with Newegg, I'm certainly over $10K and there have been times when I order on a Tuesday afternoon/evening, select UPS three day shipping and the order doesn't actually ship until Thursday morning (meaning I won't receive the item until the following Monday and ruining my plans for a weekend build). As a rule of thumb now, if I have a full build in mind, I order no later than 2:00pm local (Central) on Monday to ensure full delivery by Friday.

What I hate most about UPS delivery is that they only attempt delivery while I'm at work. If the item is small enough, I just have them deliver it to my office. If it's a big item, though, I generally have to go to their warehouse and pick it up myself.

-Wolf sends

travis myers92

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011

It only prcoessed and charged in one day, they shipped 24 hours from purchase date. Sorry if I worded that wrong. And im sure alot of it has to do with timing, like black friday and holidays. But my order is two cities away and is gonna sit there till monday sadly :[ I always seem to order super important things on thursdays and have to wait additional time ....

Well turns out, in another blow to my faith in Newegg, that the FREE 2 DAY shipping, isn't really FREE 2 DAY shipping at all. You have to sign up for some stupid program to get it.

The FREE 2 DAY shipping turns out to be UPS Ground from Jersey, which is really 3 days.

Newegg just keeps getting worse and worse. I miss the good old days where every order had free 2 day FED EX.

TRENDING THREADS