Sign in with
Your question
Solved

XFX 5670 Dual Monitors?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 23, 2011 3:52:03 AM

Hey guys!
Well I have already made a post about this, but that was when I just thinking about getting another monitor for my PC.

Just today I found a Dell 17inch LCD for $15 dollars on Craiglist.
It was the most awesomest buy I've ever made :D 

I have a 19inch LCD that am currently using.
My 19inch monitor has a VGA, and a DVI inputs.

The 17inch monitor that I bought only has one VGA input.

So I've decided to buy the XFX 5670 graphics card, I haven't bought it yet because am waiting for my bank to process my money.
They have been a taking quite a while, so am sure they should clear my account soon.

But am starting to doubt that I should get the XFX 5670 because that card only has DVI, HDMI, and A Display Port outputs.

I know I could get adapters, but am unsure how I should set it up.
I saw this cable on Amazon, it's a HMDI input with a VGA output.
HDMI to VGA - http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-VGA-HD15-Male-Cable/dp/B001O...
Then I could just use the DVI on my 19inch so I don't have to worry about adapters for my 19inch.
But that's the part where am not so sure of.

Or I could just buy a different card.
Here is the one that I want to get.
XFX 5670 1GB - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Am not even sure if can run the 19inch and the 17inch monitor on a PC.

Please help!
Thanks in advance, Marcos.

More about : xfx 5670 dual monitors

a b U Graphics card
February 23, 2011 8:11:09 AM

Buy adapters: HDMI to DVI-I and DVI to VGA.

A 5670 would struggle with two monitors, even if they are small resolutions like yours. You may be better with a 5770 or something.
m
l
Related resources
February 23, 2011 12:58:05 PM

Griffolion said:
Buy adapters: HDMI to DVI-I and DVI to VGA.

A 5670 would struggle with two monitors, even if they are small resolutions like yours. You may be better with a 5770 or something.

I would buy a 5770 if only I had a better PSU.
I don't want to invest much on this computer, so I rather stick with the 5670
But will it struggle by a lot?

4745454b said:
Just get a different 5670.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Its slightly cheaper to.

Am not so sure about that card,
Reliability wise.
m
l
a c 171 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 23, 2011 3:08:02 PM

Any particular reason? Its from Gigabyte and seems to be what you want/need. It doesn't have a lifetime warranty, but perhaps you can find one that does. They do make 5670s that you might want, just take a look.
m
l
February 23, 2011 3:37:33 PM

Well I've seen a lot of reviews online on XFX,
I just think the XFX 5670 can outperform other cards from different manufacturers.
And Lifetime warranty is always a plus.

m
l

Best solution

a c 171 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 24, 2011 2:50:47 AM

Outperform will depend on the clock speed. The important thing to remember is that even if the XFX model is clocked 50MHz higher then any other 5670, that won't be enough to change your game play. An extra few mega hertz isn't going to allow you to start gaming at a higher resolution, or enable higher levels of detail. You'll still have a 5670.

As for the lifetime warranty, meh. I can remember when people who had a 7900GS were reporting their cards dying. They had a lifetime warranty on their card, and do you know what the companies were giving them? The 8600GTS. If one failed now, they'd probably get the 9500GT, if even that. Why would you want a many years old card 4-5 years from now if/when your card failed? For example, if you need to replace your 5670 five years from now, you could end up with an 8350. Big whoopee. I'd rather just use the card up, and replace with a better gaming card if/when it dies.
February 24, 2011 3:01:08 AM

4745454b said:
Outperform will depend on the clock speed. The important thing to remember is that even if the XFX model is clocked 50MHz higher then any other 5670, that won't be enough to change your game play. An extra few mega hertz isn't going to allow you to start gaming at a higher resolution, or enable higher levels of detail. You'll still have a 5670.

As for the lifetime warranty, meh. I can remember when people who had a 7900GS were reporting their cards dying. They had a lifetime warranty on their card, and do you know what the companies were giving them? The 8600GTS. If one failed now, they'd probably get the 9500GT, if even that. Why would you want a many years old card 4-5 years from now if/when your card failed? For example, if you need to replace your 5670 five years from now, you could end up with an 8350. Big whoopee. I'd rather just use the card up, and replace with a better gaming card if/when it dies.

Well,
Am not going to be gaming using the two monitors.
But I will gaming, but just not on two monitors.

Interesting.
I never thought about it that way.
So if I ever get the 5670, and five years later, XFX will give me 8350?
Hah, that's pretty neat.

Well,
I just want a card that can run games like Resident Evil 5, Bioshock 2, Left For Dead 2.
The 5670 is able to run Crysis, so that's awesome.

m
l
a c 171 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 24, 2011 3:13:43 AM

Pretty neat? If they had a left over 5670 5 years from now they will give you that card. If they don't, they will give you whatever current card is around the same speed. The point I was trying to make is why spend the extra $$$ on a lifetime warranty, if you get an old crap card X years down the line? I would rather save the $$$ now and get a normal 1-3yr warranty, and when my 5670 dies just go out and buy a newer card that will allow me to play the the new games that have come out. Getting an 8350 might sound cool, but it won't be able to play Crysis 4.

Quote:

There is a big difference between able to run and able to play.
m
l
February 24, 2011 3:17:24 AM

4745454b said:
Pretty neat? If they had a left over 5670 5 years from now they will give you that card. If they don't, they will give you whatever current card is around the same speed. The point I was trying to make is why spend the extra $$$ on a lifetime warranty, if you get an old crap card X years down the line? I would rather save the $$$ now and get a normal 1-3yr warranty, and when my 5670 dies just go out and buy a newer card that will allow me to play the the new games that have come out. Getting an 8350 might sound cool, but it won't be able to play Crysis 4.

Quote:

There is a big difference between able to run and able to play.

Am guessing I misunderstood you.
Well you always get what you pay for mate.

To be honest, am not into cranking up the graphics on a game.
Sure it's nice to have better eyecandy, but at the end it's going to be the same game your playing.
But that's just me mate.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 24, 2011 9:21:16 AM

Having eye candy means a lot to me, hence why i invested so much in the rig i have. I couldn't hack the horribleness of console graphics, its all about the bleeding edge for me.

It actually helps me play better too, i've found running a game on lower settings makes me worse D:, that's one way to continually upgrade your stuff!
m
l
a c 171 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 24, 2011 10:38:48 AM

Meh. Enough visuals to make it look good is what I need. If it looks horrible I'll be to distracted to be able to play. I supposed the opposite is true to.
m
l
February 24, 2011 12:31:00 PM

Griffolion said:
Having eye candy means a lot to me, hence why i invested so much in the rig i have. I couldn't hack the horribleness of console graphics, its all about the bleeding edge for me.

It actually helps me play better too, i've found running a game on lower settings makes me worse D:, that's one way to continually upgrade your stuff!

lol,
I simply don't have the money to keep upgrading my stuff.
Like yesterday,
My freaking bank just pulled a bitch move on me!
They told me if I sign up to them, that they'l give me a $100.
I called them yesterday, and they say my account doesn't apply for it's a college account because am not 18 years old yet.
It's so much BS because I waited to long for this crap they give me.

Now I have to wait even more,
It totally blows. :cry: 

4745454b said:
Meh. Enough visuals to make it look good is what I need. If it looks horrible I'll be to distracted to be able to play. I supposed the opposite is true to.

Agreed,
I prefer just to play a game,
But if it comes to a point where the graphics are that bad.
Then I'll just stop playing it
m
l
March 6, 2011 4:38:13 AM

Best answer selected by MarcosFabian.
m
l
!