I7-950 HTT Problem HELP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
I Got a i7-950 OC to 3.84GHz at 1.225v as will as with RAM OC to 2009MHz at 1.6v on a timing of 9-10-9-24... When I Enabled HTT, it shows 4 Virtual Cores in Windows but when I looked at my HWMonitor, it shows 2 Cores(Temp reading)... When I Disabled HTT, it should 4 Cores in TaskManager and HWMonitor(Temp Reading)... Does anyone know why it's not showing all 8 Virtual Cores... It seems to bee stuck on 4 Virtual Cores... No matters what I do, When I Enabled HTT, 2 cores got disabled or is like I Selected 2 cores to run in BIOS, When I Disabled HTT, It shows all 4 Cores... Anyone knows why it's not showing all 8 Virtual Cores?

NOTE: Dont ask why I want all 8 and yes I know that it increase heat and IDRC(I Dont Really Care) about it so dont ask stupid question why and why and why I want to do this, I just need help...

Thanks!

Solution
Sometimes Windows gets stuck on the core count. 7 is better at that but sometimes it does.

You can open msconfig (Start and type in msconfig into the search box and hit enter) and under the Boot tad and Advanced Options there is a box that says "Number of Processors".

It should be unchecked but if you need you can check it and select the number of CPUs. But first make sure its unchecked so it should see all the cores.
Sometimes Windows gets stuck on the core count. 7 is better at that but sometimes it does.

You can open msconfig (Start and type in msconfig into the search box and hit enter) and under the Boot tad and Advanced Options there is a box that says "Number of Processors".

It should be unchecked but if you need you can check it and select the number of CPUs. But first make sure its unchecked so it should see all the cores.

Solution

oby20

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
maybe you can check the bios setting , in the performance tab there is a selection there "number of cores" select "all".
if you automatically overclocked it by some application, like the intel extreme tuning utility, maybe it automatically turned off the other cores to reach 3.8ghz.

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011

TY i currently have it at 4C :D LOL
Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.