Sign in with
Your question

Monitor says "No Signal" but recognizes connection

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 23, 2011 4:11:50 AM

Hello,
Just finished building a new PC. My monitor recognizes that there is a connection, but does not get a signal. Everything seems to be powering up and working just fine from what I can tell--the fans on the graphics card are on. No beeps at startup. Any ideas?
February 23, 2011 4:27:40 AM

im having a similar problem with my computer only recognizing my mother boards video card and every time i plug my monitor into a dvi port it goes into standby.
m
l
February 23, 2011 4:38:30 AM

nintom said:
Hello,
Just finished building a new PC. My monitor recognizes that there is a connection, but does not get a signal. Everything seems to be powering up and working just fine from what I can tell--the fans on the graphics card are on. No beeps at startup. Any ideas?

Can you hook up the pc you used to access tomshardware to the monitor? if that still says no signal then It's a problem with your monitor.also if you have an extra monitor lying around try hooking up your rig to that.
m
l
Related resources
February 23, 2011 5:02:25 AM

may1 said:
Can you hook up the pc you used to access tomshardware to the monitor? if that still says no signal then It's a problem with your monitor.also if you have an extra monitor lying around try hooking up your rig to that.

Yes, I can hook up the monitor to the laptop I'm using to post this, and it works just fine. I don't have another monitor that I can plug into my rig--but it's got to be the rig since the monitor works for sure.
m
l
February 23, 2011 4:03:25 PM

Have you tried plugging the monitor into the other outputs on the GPU? Did the MOBO come with onboard GPU?
m
l
February 23, 2011 4:04:03 PM

Bump... any other ideas? I'm completely at a loss.

Thanks!
m
l
February 23, 2011 4:06:41 PM

jaghpanther said:
Have you tried plugging the monitor into the other outputs on the GPU? Did the MOBO come with onboard GPU?

I don't think there is an onboard GPU with the mobo. I have tried both DVI outs on the GPU. There is also another one--I think it's a mini HDMI out. I don't have a cable for this so I haven't tried it.
m
l
February 23, 2011 4:19:17 PM

Then I would re-seat the GPU, check the power inputs, try a different PCI-e slot, and finally try the GPU on another computer. No go on all of the above = RMA
m
l
January 31, 2012 6:50:37 PM

nintom said:
Hello,

i actually just had the same problem... to me it seemed like a bios problem and I'm guessing it was. I removed the bios battery, put it back and then after boot the pc started trying to read bios and said no date set blah blah blah... butt it worked :)  I hope this helps.
m
l
!