Emachine video disabled

rlane3907

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
Looks like I'm having the opposite problem from everyone---I connected a monitor to the onboard VGA connector and it works fine. Leaving that setup connected, I then installed a video card and connected the PCI-Ex16 video card to a second monitor and it works fine---except I don't see any video on the first monitor. If I look at the BIOS setting, it is grayed out under the integrated peripherals. Does anyone know how to re-enable to onboard? Thanks. RIch

Solution
It seems like your motherboard only wants to enable video from a single source. I don't know many that allow both onboard and discrete graphics cards to operate, because once you install the video card and connect a monitor to it, many motherboards automatically turn off the onboard video. What kind of motherboard is it? Does the video card you added have more than one connection/port? If so, try plugging both monitors into that one.

Can you tell what make/model the motherboard is? What model of e-machine PC are you working with?

If you disconnect the second monitor from the graphics card, do you get video again on the monitor plugged into the onboard video controller?
It seems like your motherboard only wants to enable video from a single source. I don't know many that allow both onboard and discrete graphics cards to operate, because once you install the video card and connect a monitor to it, many motherboards automatically turn off the onboard video. What kind of motherboard is it? Does the video card you added have more than one connection/port? If so, try plugging both monitors into that one.

Can you tell what make/model the motherboard is? What model of e-machine PC are you working with?

If you disconnect the second monitor from the graphics card, do you get video again on the monitor plugged into the onboard video controller?

Solution

rlane3907

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
Thanks Ubercake. I put the VGA back on the video card and used that instead of the onboard video card. So I have my dual monitors again. Thanks again for your response.