Core Temp Lower than CPU Temp?

Hey all,

CPU TEMP > CORE TEMP?

Core i7-970 @ stock 3.2GHz cooled with H70.

Idle Core Temps ~ 29-29-29-30-34-36 and CPU temp is ~ 46C ?!

I was under the impression that the Core temp was always higher than the CPU surface temp under the shield? What's going on? Do I have a faulty/poorly-calibrated sensor?

Thanks for help!
3 answers Last reply
More about core temp lower temp
  1. your soft is true same as my Hwmonitor Pro, that alwa'ys show CPU temp higher than Core temp. and no problem .. if your hwmonitor Show 0C or N/a .. yep it's problem

and your soft ASUS AURORA , why show core 1,2,3,8,9,10 .. how many your core ?
  2. henydiah said:
    your soft is true same as my Hwmonitor Pro, that alwa'ys show CPU temp higher than Core temp. and no problem .. if your hwmonitor Show 0C or N/a .. yep it's problem

and your soft ASUS AURORA , why show core 1,2,3,8,9,10 .. how many your core ?

HexaCore.

Just the numbering I guess
  3. I Dont understand the CPUTIN myself... IDK what it is, at first i tho it was the surface of the "CPU" which is impossible when the cores are like way low/high... Also, keep your NorthBridge/AUXTIN temps lower because it helps you get more stable OC or something like that but just keep it under 66*C, reaching 70s isn't good lol...
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core Temp Intel i7