Sign in with
Your question

CPU 100%

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
July 28, 2011 7:38:57 AM

Hi Folks,

I run Window Vista 64bit and AVST free addition on an ASUS G71-X1 with 512mb GeForce 9800GS and 4000 GB RAM. I have been playing COD for and other games for 2 years on this machine. Recently while playing Black Ops after a few minutes I would lose 90% of my frame rates. Normally through games the CPU will be around 53% but now the CPU will suddenly uncommanded max out at 100% and the frame rates slow down and become unplayable. I have run the task manager to see what it could be that takes the extra power but was unable to pin point the process. Does anyone have a suggestion or have the same problem? Is there any way to log the process that consumes the most power while playing a game?

More about : cpu 100

a b à CPUs
July 28, 2011 11:32:26 AM

It could be a scheduled process such as a virus scan or Windows Update. Also be aware that Black Ops on the PC has a reputation for poor performance. Make sure the game is patched to the latest version.
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 28, 2011 11:55:39 AM

Wow, 4000GB RAM... :p 

Post your CPU & GPU temps, if it starts lagging after a few minutes it's most probably an overheating problem.
m
l
July 28, 2011 2:06:25 PM

Toxxyc said:
Wow, 4000GB RAM... :p 

Post your CPU & GPU temps, if it starts lagging after a few minutes it's most probably an overheating problem.

LOL, I thought the same thing when I read the post.
m
l
!