Closed

Xtrm3 gen 3 questions

Tags:
  • ASRock
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
April 11, 2012 11:41:10 PM

Hello,

So i just got a new build in, started putting it together last night. And then i hit a road block.
In short, the video card i got is not displaying video. I am going to do some more testing when i get home today
so i'm not going to ask for trouble shooting advice just yet, i just wanted to touch on a broader subject, and ask about my hardware's
compatibilty, and after tonight, i'll be asking the real questions.

so here's what i got:

MB: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
CPU: I5 2400
Mem: G.skill Ares DDR3-2133 8GB (4GBx2)
GPU: Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 core
SSD:Corsair Force Gt 120GB
PSU: 750w
Hyper 212 Heatsink

I've done some research, and all of this should be compatible, but..thats why i'm here.

And is there a special way the z68 on-board video works with a video card?
I'll be doing some extensive testing tonight to see if i got DOA hardware.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for jumping around :-)

More about : xtrm3 gen questions

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
April 13, 2012 2:31:22 AM

Looks almost the same as my 3 month old build. The video should automatically switch over to the card when you boot up. Is it seated all the way into the socket? All the power cables connected?
April 13, 2012 3:03:03 AM

Thx for the reply.
I have been working on this build for about 16 man hours. I have 3 different cards 8800gts 512, and a quatro FX 4600.
Up until just now the other 2 were working, and i started noticing some weird graphical glitchs in the bios, so i reset everything to default, even though i didn't change any settings, and the cleared the cmos, and now the PC is bsod'ing.
So i removed all components, besides 1 stick of ram, using onboard video, still bsod'ing...so I'm looking at a technical brick wall...any ideas?

I'm about to return the mobo and video card back to new egg, and go to frys....atleast that way i don't have to wait for rma!
Score
Related resources
April 13, 2012 4:22:22 PM

Yea, i'm giving up. Starting an RMA today, anyone got any suggestions for a z77/1155 board?
Score
April 23, 2012 3:58:36 PM

RMA'd the board, went to fry's picked up a MSI Z77A-GD55...no issues, awesome board, quick install, seems stable and of good quality. Now to trade in the video card!
Score
May 3, 2012 12:04:07 AM

Best answer selected by supr3m3justic3.
Score
a c 329 V Motherboard
May 3, 2012 2:26:49 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!