Memory install

Status
Not open for further replies.

gherr74

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
hey guys . i got new memory for my gateway DX4850-57. its has 4 240pin dimm slots.. is there a special way i gotta install them. i did have 16 gb 4x4gb sticks. but im going to just 2x4gb sticks.. how would i install the 2.. 1-2 slots or 1-3 slots or 2 -4 slots..what ever you guys can help me with..thanks

just incase
cpu i5-2500k
stock dx4850-57 mobo
evga gtx 560
corsair 600 cx psu
new ram kingston hyperxblu ddr3 - 1333 ( 2x4gb sticks)

Solution
This really doesn't sound like much of an "upgrade" considering you can probably run DDR3-1600 with the right RAM. You're cutting the amount of RAM in half and not even using one of the faster speed modules. What speed were you running at before?

Anyways, to answer your question I am having trouble locating the actual motherboard info. If you can look on the board itself and find something that resembles a model number I can get the info from the manual because it does matter which slots to occupy to run in dual channel mode. The only info available on the Gateway site is the user guide which tells nothing about the hardware side.

My first guess would be to run in slots with same numbers (A1,B1) first.

sharkbyte5150

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
This really doesn't sound like much of an "upgrade" considering you can probably run DDR3-1600 with the right RAM. You're cutting the amount of RAM in half and not even using one of the faster speed modules. What speed were you running at before?

Anyways, to answer your question I am having trouble locating the actual motherboard info. If you can look on the board itself and find something that resembles a model number I can get the info from the manual because it does matter which slots to occupy to run in dual channel mode. The only info available on the Gateway site is the user guide which tells nothing about the hardware side.

My first guess would be to run in slots with same numbers (A1,B1) first.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.