Computer hangs when playing games

asimov

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Hi,

I had a problem were my pc use to get hanged when playing games... but i did a memtest and it started working... it was working fine... i had played call of duty and it was working all fine... but again the pc started to hang when i play game... i did the memory test and i found in the following details about my RAM: -

Transcend JM1333KLM-4G
Settings: RAM: 665 MHZ (DDR3-1330)
CAS: 9-9-9-24
Single channel

I have Intel DH61WW motherboard, which requires 4gb 1331/1066 MHZ SDRAM. But in the above details the memtest is showing 665MHZ, is that the problem because of which my pc get hangs. Is it because of my RAM?

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
665MHz x 2 = 1330MHz, so that's not an issue. What is the FSB speed your mobo is running at? Also, what graphics card are you running, what power supply do you have and what are the temperatures of all your components when under load?

EDIT: I'm lazy. The RAM's clock speed is 665MHz. Because it is DDR modules (DDR stands for Double Data Rate) the clock speed is doubled (similar to the CPU mulitplier), and as such it is correctly running at 1330MHz.

asimov

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Thank You for the reply Toxxyc. My configuration is as follows (please note i have personally assembled this pc): -

i5 2400 processor
intel DH61WW 3.1ghz motherboard
Galaxy GTS 450 GC graphic card
cooler master 500w psu (had changed it recently because of the pc hangs which i was facing earlier)
temperatue is max around 50-55 degrees when playing games, doesn't go more than that.

I dont how to check the FSB, can you guide me regarding that. Please let me know how to solve this problem, its really bugging as i am not able to know why this pc hangs are happening?

asimov

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
i was also checking event viewer for any errors... and there is an error called kernel-eventtracing error... is it because of this that my pc hangs? and how to solve it?