Pc to Tv HDMI no signal

Hello, for a while i've been trying to connect my pc to my Samsung TV, but it just says "no signal"

I'm using an Acer Aspire 6930, with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 graphics card, my brother is using an Acer Aspire 5542, which works just fine when he connects it to our TV.

I really need a quick answer :D

I'm currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
11 answers Last reply
More about hdmi signal
  1. Does Catalyst detect the presence of the HDTV?
  2. Don't know actually (; how do i find out ?
  3. Open Catalyst and look at the Display Properties/Options. You should see the devices it recognizes.

Also, make sure your Acer is actually set to use an external display (usually use the internal and external setting or external only).
  4. Dont have anything called catalyst
  5. And BTW, it is working with VGA cable
  6. guldbarren said:
    Dont have anything called catalyst

Go here and download the file in the Individual Download tab and the AMD Media Codec Package in the Optional Download tab.

Install both. This will install Catalyst and the latest video drivers for your system.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx#2

Good luck!
  7. guldbarren said:
    And BTW, it is working with VGA cable

Understood. Likely a driver issue, thus the link. BTW, in Control Panel/Device Manager, do you have any devices showing a problem?
  8. No problems to be seen
  9. guldbarren said:
    No problems to be seen

Understood. Any luck on the updated drivers?
  10. Nope ): however, i might have found out why i dont have catalyst and such, i just installed windows 7, so everything got deleted from my pc
  11. Understood, then just update your drivers, downloaded directly from the link I provided and you will have Catalyst and all of the updated stuff. Good luck!
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon TV Graphics