Scroll of magic protection

Richard Rollins wrote:

> Where can I get them ? TIA

Which game?

Richard Rollins wrote:

> BGII

The Adventurer's Mart. Ribard sells two of them, the only two in the game.

there are other two in Usth Natha (The drow city)

"FmC" <antilopeloco@manquehue.not> wrote in message
> there are other two in Usth Natha (The drow city)

4 in the whole game? Do any ever show up in remains?

menu boy wrote:
> "FmC" <antilopeloco@manquehue.not> wrote in message
>
>>there are other two in Usth Natha (The drow city)
>>

> 4 in the whole game? Do any ever show up in remains?

Not that I've ever seen. Like all incredibly powerful items, they're
*supposed* to be rare.

"Troll" <newstroll@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> menu boy wrote:
> > "FmC" <antilopeloco@manquehue.not> wrote in message
> >
> >>there are other two in Usth Natha (The drow city)
> >>

> > 4 in the whole game? Do any ever show up in remains?
> >

> Not that I've ever seen. Like all incredibly powerful items, they're
> *supposed* to be rare.

This would explain why I never found more. However, are those
scrolls really "incredibly powerful"?

menu boy wrote:

> This would explain why I never found more. However, are those
> scrolls really "incredibly powerful"?

If you cast them on a party member, that party member becomes immune to
/all/ magic for the duration, whether cast by Irenicus or by Kangaxx.
If you cast them on an enemy--that enemy becomes unable to use any magic
for the duration, and again, it will even work on Irenicus.

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> menu boy wrote:
>

> > This would explain why I never found more. However, are those
> > scrolls really "incredibly powerful"?
>
> If you cast them on a party member, that party member becomes immune to
> /all/ magic for the duration, whether cast by Irenicus or by Kangaxx.
> If you cast them on an enemy--that enemy becomes unable to use any magic
> for the duration, and again, it will even work on Irenicus.

Yes, but isn't it a 20% success rate? Or is that just the castable spell?

menu boy wrote:
> "Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>
>>menu boy wrote:
>>

>>>This would explain why I never found more. However, are those
>>>scrolls really "incredibly powerful"?
>>
>>If you cast them on a party member, that party member becomes immune to
>>/all/ magic for the duration, whether cast by Irenicus or by Kangaxx.
>>If you cast them on an enemy--that enemy becomes unable to use any magic
>>for the duration, and again, it will even work on Irenicus.
>>

> Yes, but isn't it a 20% success rate? Or is that just the castable spell?

I'm not sure about the success rate when using it on enemies, as I've
never tried that. It always works on party members, though.

>> Kish, referring to scrolls of magic protection, wrote:

>> The Adventurer's Mart. Ribard sells two of them, the only two in the
>> game.

FmC replied:

> there are other two in Usth Natha (The drow city)

Really? Does anyone know where exactly these two scrolls are?

and/or where Water's Edge is?

I think one of the three 'stores' has it... I'm not really sure though

> I think one of the three 'stores' has it... I'm not really sure though

No, none of them do.

However, if you want to use more than two scrolls of protection from
magic:
(1) Put the scroll in one of your quick item slots
(2) Create a Simulacrum of that character - mages cast the spell,
fighters and clerics can use Vhailor's Helm if you buy that.
(3) Make the Simulacrum read one or both scrolls, targetted on whoever
you want to protect.

Q.E.D.

Jonathan.

TRENDING THREADS