Sign in with
Your question

Selling cheap custom gaming rig.

Last response: in Systems
April 30, 2011 2:35:24 AM

Okay, here's the deal. The parts listed on the site total up to about $2500, though we can go as low as $1200 or high as $4000 depending on your choices.

http://www.u4ik-haze.tk/custom.html

I build these myself, and the warranty is this: depends on manufacturer's warranty for the specific faulty part, if determined to be non-user fault.

The prices are so cheap because I only take 10% on them for service. 90% parts.
a b 4 Gaming
April 30, 2011 2:55:23 AM

Umm, this isnt your target market, based on the prices you quote("The average Alienware computer costs around seven thousand dollars.") and the parts you pick you are looking for your average moron who wants something fast and shiny, this is not your target market.
a b 4 Gaming
April 30, 2011 4:31:10 AM

U4iK_HaZe said:
Okay, here's the deal. The parts listed on the site total up to about $2500, though we can go as low as $1200 or high as $4000 depending on your choices.

http://www.u4ik-haze.tk/custom.html

I build these myself, and the warranty is this: depends on manufacturer's warranty for the specific faulty part, if determined to be non-user fault.

The prices are so cheap because I only take 10% on them for service. 90% parts.

ummm you might want to look at some threads in this forum, because whoever is ordering your components is doing a total hose job on you. For half the price I can post a build on here that would run circles around that build in your link. No offense...it just is what it is.
Related resources
April 30, 2011 4:47:53 AM

Ok, a) I'm pretty sure your not allowed to solicit like this on the forums. AKA, moderators, why hasn't this post been closed yet?

b) You are indeed ripping people off. I can literally have a store that custom builds also like CyberPower or MicroCenter and STILL come out better and cheaper or the same price INCLUDING labor charges.

c) Why should anyone trust you since you aren't by any means a registered business, with no address or phone number, and I'm assuming this is a cash only business as well? Whats your return policy if you even have one?

d) What do you do to honor the warranty of the parts? Do I ship you my tower and you just replace the part and ship it back at no cost?

Your targeting the wrong people.
a b 4 Gaming
April 30, 2011 4:55:07 AM

cpatel1987 said:
Ok, a) I'm pretty sure your not allowed to solicit like this on the forums. AKA, moderators, why hasn't this post been closed yet?

b) You are indeed ripping people off. I can literally have a store that custom builds also like CyberPower or MicroCenter and STILL come out better and cheaper or the same price INCLUDING labor charges.

c) Why should anyone trust you since you aren't by any means a registered business, with no address or phone number, and I'm assuming this is a cash only business as well? Whats your return policy if you even have one?

d) What do you do to honor the warranty of the parts? Do I ship you my tower and you just replace the part and ship it back at no cost?

Why close it. Peeps on here like ourselves are going to point out what a rip off it is, some flaming may be involved and then the thread will be forgotten before ya know it. It's happened on here before. Why people try to sell builds like that on this forum is beyond me.
April 30, 2011 6:18:57 AM

Well they should either close it or charge him for the ad space.

nothing's free
April 30, 2011 8:16:09 PM

cpatel1987 said:

Okay, well that's a lie. All of my parts come from newegg. For the current build, it's about $2200. The price only fluctuates when you add more GPUs.

And those prices do include labour.
a b 4 Gaming
April 30, 2011 9:17:33 PM

Are you seriously comparing a Phenom X6 and a 980X clocked at the same speed? That may woo some ignorant buyers, but come on. That build, while more appealing 6 months ago, is just all kinds of wrong. Not only that, but at lest put some effort into the website. You couldn't at least use some kind of free website template to make something that looks at least a little legit?
a b 4 Gaming
April 30, 2011 9:23:05 PM

If your website looks crappy, people will think your product is crappy. If you don't have proper information on there, people will assume you're going to rip them off, which you are, even if they don't know crap about tech. Finally, take a hint as to Cyber Power or Alien ware as to how to sell, market, and price your product.
April 30, 2011 9:28:23 PM

megamanx00 said:
If your website looks crappy, people will think your product is crappy. If you don't have proper information on there, people will assume you're going to rip them off, which you are, even if they don't know crap about tech. Finally, take a hint as to Cyber Power or Alien ware as to how to sell, market, and price your product.

Thanks. The site looks crappy because I haven't gotten around to making it look nice yet. It actually wasn't meant to be advertised yet, but my friend posted something about it here and I thought I'd clarify. The site should be ready in 2 weeks.
a b 4 Gaming
May 1, 2011 3:31:07 AM

Doing pricing off of newegg, and being very liberal on the GPU and bluray drive since the sapphire card was out of stock and you didnt specify which bluray drive, i picked the second most expensive 5870 2GB and the second most expensive Bluray drive, around $400 and $110 respectively still only coming out to 1855 which means you pull in 22% on a build that wastes a good portion of its budget on overly expensive things that dont help, that $70 NIC isnt going to help you, and that $180 sound card isnt going to improve gaming experience any more than a $100 card would, and wont improve performance any notable amount, the raptor drives are now slow and over priced as they are beaten by $70 1TB drives by quite a bit, especially that old 150GB raptor, it no where near as fast as a good 1TB drive and doesnt hold a candle to a SSD.

To sum it up for anyone reading this thread, its a rip off, post in new build forum and we will help you pick much better parts than this for less.

And now for proof of the pricing

• COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Compucase Case with USB 3.0 and Black Interior
  • Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
  • Western Digital Caviar Green WDBAAY5000ENC-NRSN 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
  • ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
  • VisionTek Bigfoot Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card
  • DIAMOND 5870PE52G Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Eyefinity 6 Edition ...
  • HT | OMEGA CLARO Plus+ 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card
  • hec Zephyr MX 750 750W Peak Output ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power ...
  • 2x CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMT4GX3M2A1866C9
  • AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBGRBOX
  • COOLER MASTER V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler Intel Core i7 compatible
  • PLEXTOR Black BD Combo SATA Model PX-B320SA LightScribe Support
    TOTAL: $1,855.36
    May 1, 2011 2:50:57 PM

Oh man, I am really thinking of buying it and upgrading to those dual NVIDIA 680's that you say you can build on that site.
    May 1, 2011 2:57:46 PM

hunter315 said:
    Doing pricing off of newegg, and being very liberal on the GPU and bluray drive since the sapphire card was out of stock and you didnt specify which bluray drive, i picked the second most expensive 5870 2GB and the second most expensive Bluray drive, around $400 and $110 respectively still only coming out to 1855 which means you pull in 22% on a build that wastes a good portion of its budget on overly expensive things that dont help, that $70 NIC isnt going to help you, and that $180 sound card isnt going to improve gaming experience any more than a $100 card would, and wont improve performance any notable amount, the raptor drives are now slow and over priced as they are beaten by $70 1TB drives by quite a bit, especially that old 150GB raptor, it no where near as fast as a good 1TB drive and doesnt hold a candle to a SSD.

To sum it up for anyone reading this thread, its a rip off, post in new build forum and we will help you pick much better parts than this for less.

And now for proof of the pricing

• COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Compucase Case with USB 3.0 and Black Interior
  • Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
  • Western Digital Caviar Green WDBAAY5000ENC-NRSN 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
  • ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
  • VisionTek Bigfoot Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card
  • DIAMOND 5870PE52G Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Eyefinity 6 Edition ...
  • HT | OMEGA CLARO Plus+ 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card
  • hec Zephyr MX 750 750W Peak Output ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power ...
  • 2x CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMT4GX3M2A1866C9
  • AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBGRBOX
  • COOLER MASTER V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler Intel Core i7 compatible
  • PLEXTOR Black BD Combo SATA Model PX-B320SA LightScribe Support
    TOTAL: $1,855.36

• That price of 1855 you got was bare minimum. Average out the highest and lowest setups.

As for the last poster with the Z, just tell me what (EXACTLY) parts you want, and I'll email you back with an EXACT price. support@u4ik-haze.tk make the subject "heliogenesis" and then list the parts. Thanks.
    May 1, 2011 3:20:10 PM

I really don't think you are getting the point. You are on the wrong site! No one here is going to buy your absolute terrible choices. My post was a joke...........
    May 1, 2011 3:32:08 PM

zooted said:
    I really don't think you are getting the point. You are on the wrong site! No one here is going to buy your absolute terrible choices. My post was a joke...........

Okay great. I'll leave then. Though my original intent was to get feedback, but my friend posted a link to my site (at the time, not finished, I wasn't even planning on selling it yet.) He told me about it and I was like, "Wait, whay did you do that?" So I figured I'd better just make an account here and see opinions. If you don't like it, fine. But note this: I'm not "ripping people off" since I only get 10% plus parts, and the customer has FULL control of what he/she wants, since they MUST tell me specifically so. If they don't want that Sound card and NIC, then fine. I just have it on the site because some people do want it.
    !