Need help! mobo not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bklixuz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
i bought a corsair tx950w and i decided to have it installed to a tech.
motherboard is an asus f1a55-m lx plus. we test it to boot with the corsair WITHOUT a vcard (still waiting for my vcard to arrive) but the mobo didnt boot.
unplug and plug the wires, remove the memories just in case this is what's causing but still it did not boot.
the tech grabbed a generic 500w psu and plug the cables and the mobo BOOT! so i got damn worried!
the tech's analysis is its because of the corsair's 950w power that the mobo can't boot alone (without the gtx570). they dont also have any vcard they can test with a minimum power requirement of 500w.
but wat do you guys think? need help!

another question is do i need to buy a higher watt avr for the psu? i have a ups but its only 500va. here in philippines we usually have power fluctuations and browouts.

Solution
well wait for your graphics card and then try booting with the corsair psu.
950watts is more than enough for a single gtx 570
if you are worries about power flux get a good online ups and only connect the monitor and the comptuer to it, no printers.
well wait for your graphics card and then try booting with the corsair psu.
950watts is more than enough for a single gtx 570
if you are worries about power flux get a good online ups and only connect the monitor and the comptuer to it, no printers.

Solution

bklixuz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
yes that's what the tech suggested to wait for the graphics card. i bought the tx950w for future SLI mode so that i dont have to buy again another psu for that.
but will a 500va ups do? i used thermaltakes power supply calculator and i got 602w result for my current setup (without the monitor). will there be any conflict on the ups and psu and will the pc be safe?

bklixuz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
so i tried the corsair plugging it into my intel atom & aspire m1610 desktops. both booted. so this means that the psu does not have any issues.
what could possibly be wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.