Sign in with
Your question

Help with my new configuration with motherboard Tyan 7002

Last response: in Systems
April 30, 2011 10:32:37 AM

Hello,

My name is David and I’m writing from Spain.

I will need a semi-professional machine to make job-labs in my home with ESXi, my option for motherboard is a Tyan 7002.

I have one provisional configuration, but I still have some doubts about hard components, Is it possible you can help me?

Motherboard: Tyan 7002 (S7002GM2NR-LE), link to motherboard manual
CPU: Intel Xeon E5620
Memory: 4x4 16GB 1066MHz ECC REG, from Ebay
Heat sink: Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Harddisk: 2 x Seagate ST31000528AS 1 TB (Barracuda 7200.12)
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower XT 875W (EPS12V 2.91)
Case: Chieftec CA-01B-B-SL (EATX)

My doubts are:
1. Are this hard components compatible with the motherboard Tyan 7002? and with ESXi 4.0? I wouldn’t like to have problems with the RAM.
2. Is the PSU appropiate? I select this one with standar EPS12V 2.91, but I’m not sure because the Tyan 7002 needs 24+8+8 pin, and I think PSU has only 24+8 pin.
3. Finally, this motherboard needs case with factor SSI-CEB, my selection is EATX but is quite large, Is the case EATX appropiate?

Thanks for your time and best regards,
David.

More about : configuration motherboard tyan 7002

April 30, 2011 11:54:52 AM

Hi and welcome !

take a look at http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=312830

the Corsair 1000W is better choice than the Thermaltake and you will have the included cables " an 8pin to 2-4pin splitter cable with the board,"

see the comments on the page regarding the pinning of the Corsair cables for the Corsair CMPSU-1000HX which is actually two 500w power supplies in a single enclosure.

do you have any other mainboards to consider ?

some of this may help & welcome to HH

*** Edit will need to consider the lengths of the Corsair cables as well they seem a bit short from others have mentioned elsewhere and have EATX as well that the PSU is a bit pricey .
April 30, 2011 1:43:46 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I just understand that I need a PSU with "2 x 8-pin EPS12V connector" but there are few PSUs with that specifications.

Your recomendation "Corsair CMPSU-1000HX" it's ok, but it's too many expensive.

One suggestion, what you think about this other one SilverStone OP1000 1000W? It's cheaper than other and also has 2 x 8-pin EPS12V connector (550mm)

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_spec.php?pno=o...

Best regards,
April 30, 2011 2:10:21 PM

yep def agree re: Corsair and you need to mod the pins !

the SilversStone looks good thanks for searching by the way and one thing I can share with you is contact SS support email etc. and they will get back to you in a timely fashion .. maybe not on the weekend but worth the time just to be sure.

they just love hearing from us anyhow. :) 

looks good to me & a better choice than the Thermaltake
!