mehmoodnoor

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Hello,
i have an accer laptop for about three years.....last night i was using the laptop with battery in, charging and laptop on for about continuous 10hrs approx...but after my work is done i turned off the laptop and slept...when i woke up and tries to turn on the laptop...it doesnt turns on....i dnt know wast the problem.....i tried every trick i knew but fail so i left it in ma room....then after few hrs it turned on and i used it and shutdown it properly......when i again tried to use it it didnt tured on.....and with anger i put the laptop in refrigerator for 15min and it began working properly.........can any one tell me wat could be the possible reason and how to solve it.........

puttsy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
It sounds as if it may be overheating. A heatsink has probably marginally separated from a chip. Most likely the CPU. If you are comfortable cracking it open, do so and remove the existing thermalpaste and apply new thermalpaste to the cpu. If you are not laptop repair friendly, it is probably a lost cause as many people kill their laptops if they are a novice at best computer repair wannabe.