XFX Radeon 5870 card - please help

jackass1313

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
Hi all
i`m Having a problem with the XFX Radeon 5870 card. I`m thaing to conect it throug HDMI cable to the 24" Full HD Samsung monitor. The problem is in resolution 1920x1080 can`t display full size picture on the screen. It`s showing 22 inches picture with 1"thick black border. Any ideas Thanks

jackass1313

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
good man i`m tryng to install drivers now. But ther is one more wee problem
my card is showing green pixels all ove the place on the screen ( grey and dark colours) is means this card is f...ed or ther is simple solution, Thanks for your help

That depends. If they're permanently there I would say it's stuck pixels on the monitor itself. Easy enough to check by plugging into any other monitor or TV you may have access to. But if it's artifacting then that would unfortnately generally indicate an issue with the GPU. Does it happen in Windows or only in certain games?

jackass1313

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
Games and windows and the pixels appear in different places and moving all the time.
About the size I`he install monitor drivers but is steel the same what you mean go into CCC and check the overscan ?

cheers

If you installed the 11.2 drivers from AMD Radeon (ATI) then it would have installed Catalyst Control Center. In there you can find an option regarding the monitors that allows you to adjust overscan. That might be what you need.

As for the pixels tho, that sounds like a faulty GPU. Any chance of recording a video of it? You can upload to youtube or photobucket or something like that.