Last response: in Systems
April 30, 2011 5:46:11 PM

Couple weeks ago I threw together a new computer. Nothing was used/refurbished

CPU: Phenom x4 955

MB: Asus M4A79XTD EVO

VC: Sapphire Radeon HD 6870

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 775W

Anyway, I have been getting the BSOD lately randomly, usually zero to two times per day. Oddly, it usually happens when I'm watching YouTube videos (so maybe not completely random). This has been frusterating mainly because I hate to see my first build...fail...

I'm also getting the screen when I shut down my computer. This only happens 25% of the time however.

When I get to the blue screen, I always see the stop code (0x000000a) and all the other text, but I never see an 'error code'. You know, like --- "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" --- "page code in non paged area" --- etc.

I'll upload the dump file if anybody could be so courteous to analyze it. Here.

More about : bsod build

May 1, 2011 1:07:04 AM

Just finished. Ran all the modules separately and twice when they were all together.

The first time I had them all together I had an error message on test #3.

I decided I would re-run it and got no errors.
=/
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 103 B Homebuilt system
May 1, 2011 6:16:50 AM

If your ram is sitting at its default voltage then it might be an idea to try upping the ram voltage a little in BIOS. For example Kingston (although not your brand) recommends on some of their 1.65volt ram to have the voltage raised to 1.7-1.95 volts when in Dual channel on AMD boards. http://www.kingston.com/hyperx/products/khx_ddr3.asp
You can try upping the volts by 0.05 volt increments and then try running memtest again with them all in few passes to be sure. (one failed pass points to ram)
May 1, 2011 6:39:06 AM

Alright, I'll do that.

Thanks for the help, If the problem continues...well, I'll try to figure out what to do =/
m
l
May 1, 2011 6:39:14 AM

Best answer selected by Gen-Ross.
m
l
!