Sign in with
Your question

Looking to build a Audio Production/Gaming PC ($600-1200 budget)

Last response: in Systems
April 30, 2011 8:15:40 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Middle of May

Budget Range: $600-1200

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (e.g.: Audio Recording/Producing, Gaming,...etc..)

Parts Not Required: All parts!

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com i guess

Country of Origin: U.S.A.

Parts Preferences: Whatever works best

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: Not sure, but I do want to get a nice big monitor

Additional Comments: Okay, so basically I followed the template suggested but I'm going to lay out what I really need right here: I want to make a PC that will be able to run these 3 programs: Ableton Live, Fruityloops 9, and Protools at the highest performance possible. I've never built an audio based PC before, but what I would also like to have is the capability to burn high quality audio CD's where there is now delay in between the tracks on the CD. I don't know if I'm suppose to have a high end CD burner for that or what. I am a STAIGHT UP NOOB at this, so yeah, thats why I am here. A friend suggested this site to me, so I'm looking forward to anyone's help.

I am a Gamer on the side also, so I would like to have a pretty high quality gaming system too, but it doesn't have to be out of this world, just something decent that can run most games on high settings.

I am pretty sure I left a lot of details out of this, but whatever else I need to let you know just please ask and I'll let you know
April 30, 2011 8:41:01 PM

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
April 30, 2011 10:05:04 PM
Related resources
April 30, 2011 10:57:52 PM

wow awesome, thanks so much man i appreciate it! :D  Yeah I gotta do some research on soundcards
May 1, 2011 12:20:40 AM

Hi

Re the souncard. What type of audio production are you looking to do?

stuart
May 1, 2011 8:48:18 AM

i'm producing hardcore rock with electro influence. so i gotta be able to get that nice tone u wanna hear in heavy melodic rock, but there are also light parts, however, i will be using Electro/dj samples in certain parts, but the lowest frequency that will be used is basically an 808 drop, or also the stuff u hear in dubstep
May 1, 2011 3:02:32 PM

Nadeskeez said:
i'm producing hardcore rock with electro influence. so i gotta be able to get that nice tone u wanna hear in heavy melodic rock, but there are also light parts, however, i will be using Electro/dj samples in certain parts, but the lowest frequency that will be used is basically an 808 drop, or also the stuff u hear in dubstep

Doing any recording of live intruments / vocals or input using MIDI instrument controllers? If you are I would lean towards the M-Audio Audiophile 2496, great entry level card, low noise and latency on recording, MIDI interface, IRC it bundles with Ableton Lite too. Fantastic recording quality at a pretty low price.
The E-MU 0404 is another relatively cheap option - the sampling rate is not as good but it does come with a bunch of hardware VST effects like reverb, chorus etc. It can reduce the CPU load, though modern CPU's are so fast that is a little pointless and you usually get better results doing everything in software.
If all you are doing is using / looping pre-recorded samples and recording straight to CD you don't really need a soundcard at all - you would only be using the soundcard for monitoring in that situation and can probably get away with the onboard sound for that.

Stuart
May 8, 2011 6:11:10 AM

stuart72 said:
Doing any recording of live intruments / vocals or input using MIDI instrument controllers? If you are I would lean towards the M-Audio Audiophile 2496, great entry level card, low noise and latency on recording, MIDI interface, IRC it bundles with Ableton Lite too. Fantastic recording quality at a pretty low price.
The E-MU 0404 is another relatively cheap option - the sampling rate is not as good but it does come with a bunch of hardware VST effects like reverb, chorus etc. It can reduce the CPU load, though modern CPU's are so fast that is a little pointless and you usually get better results doing everything in software.
If all you are doing is using / looping pre-recorded samples and recording straight to CD you don't really need a soundcard at all - you would only be using the soundcard for monitoring in that situation and can probably get away with the onboard sound for that.

Stuart

Yeah we definitely will be recording live instrumentals so I will probably go after the M-Audio Audiophile 2496.

Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it! :D 
!