Last response: in Motherboards
April 12, 2012 9:29:33 PM

Specs:

P8z68-v Gen3
Thermaltake BlackWidow 850w PSU
8 gigs standard DDR3 RAM
Core i5 2500k processor
MSI Twin Frozr II gtx560 Ti graphics card

I've been ridiculously frustrated building this PC, and I think the mobo is the culprit. I put everything together, and it powers on fine; however, my monitor will not display anything unless the graphics card is not connected and I am running the onboard graphics. I've tested another graphics card in this system, and again, no luck. Moreover, I've tested my graphics card with another PC and it works just fine.

I assumed my mobo was doa, so I RMAd it for another one of the same model. Unfortunately I'm having the exact same problems.

Everything is definitely connected properly. I've tried disabling onboard graphics and that did not help. I've been trying to install the drivers for my card; however, they will not install when the card is not detected.

I'm very confused at this point. Checked the BIOS and it is set to PCIE/PCI. I have no idea what to try now. All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I've tried two different PSUs as well, neither work.

More about : p8z68 detecting graphics card

a b V Motherboard
April 12, 2012 10:00:06 PM

In BIOS there is an option to initiate graphic adapter, try that.

From the Asus manual:
"In single VGA card mode, use the PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_1 slot (navy blue) for a PCI Express x16 graphics card to get better performance".

m
l
April 12, 2012 10:45:35 PM

Already did that with no luck.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 13, 2012 4:17:02 AM

From someone else in another thread who was having same issue......

ok got it to work you need to slam the GPU into the closet slot near the CPU put two 6pinx2pin into it mine were labelled on my CPU so nice of them to do that then make sure the DVI cable connector is in higher teir of the two the lower one wont work make sure you load default in bios for this to work then restart use the mobo for that make sure the TPU and EPU switch isnt green install everything drivers etc then switch em on if you want but thanks for all the help seems to work now il let you know if any problems il upload some photos of my first build
m
l
!