Sign in with
Your question

Variety of errors (Mostly blue screens)

Last response: in Systems
April 30, 2011 11:07:03 PM

I'm not exactly sure what all the errors in my computer come from, but I have plenty of blue screens and thought some other issues may be able to be solved because I haven't ever been able to pinpoint my issues.

I'm running Windows XP SP3
Intel Core Quad Q9550 with 2GB of RAM
My Motherboard is P5Q SE2
I also have a 2nd hard drive that I have attempted to use to see if my hard drive was just corrupting files, but errors stayed the same
If anyone needs to know any other parts feel free to ask

1. The issues I tend to have are random blue screens usually once a day, up to 3. They all show as VIAHD errors, so I think my on-board sound card may be at fault for those
- These blue screens also have not happened at all while my brother has been using the computer, he uses different accessories tho (mouse, keyboard, headset, mic, etc.)

2. I also have a high pitched sound others can hear the whole time I use my mic, Its not hard to talk over, but its quite irritating to listen to, but it stops temporarily if I unplug it, and plug it back in and use it instantly. The high pitched sound continues whether the mic is muted or not.

3. Not really a big deal, but it seems like my files fragment pretty quickly

4. Using a wireless USB adapter for internet from Netgear, my internet randomly lags inside video games, and sometimes goes from connected to internet to router, but the signal is pretty good (WN111 is the device I use)

5. Video errors are pretty simple, it usually runs high fps but will randomly drop to 1-10 fps and sit there for a couple of seconds but then kick right back to where it usually sits for that game.

So reminding I have used two different hard drives, reformatted plenty, used different Windows XP discs to install, I also use VOODOODNA drivers for my mouse, my video drivers are up to date, and yea. IDK just tired of having so many errors and trying to figure out some of the annoying errors. The blue screens is the largest issue I can't figure out, followed by the mic squeal whether its muted or not.

EDIT
Computer specs

Motherboard: PSQ SE2 P45 755 ATX Motherboard
PSU: TX750W
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 260 896MB GDDR3 PCIe 2.0 Graphics Card
RAM: Single Crucial Ballistix 2GB
Hard drives: Main- Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive
Alternative- Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
Mouse: HP Gaming Mouse with VooDooDNA (Driver installed with disc from Voodoo DNA)
Keyboard: Current- Compaq Model 5107
Alternative- Logitech Classic Keyboard 200
Headset: Sennheiser PC 151
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922
Monitor: Gateway FHX2300
a b B Homebuilt system
April 30, 2011 11:11:35 PM

Can you give us more information about your PSU?
April 30, 2011 11:23:12 PM

I have a 750 Watt PSU
!