Battlefield 3: Speculation

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Hey everyone,

I absolutely cannot wait for Battlefield 3 to come out, and the new gameplay trailer hardly helped. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNYtIMW-EG0

The graphics looks beautiful, i wouldn't expect anything less from DICE. But what kind of graphics hardware do you reckon we'll be needing to run BF3 smoothly with some decent settings?

This is just a discussion thread :).

This game will surely rock. There's even a New York map planned (Uh-oh! It may be banned from selling in New York! ;) )!

From the previews, the game looks very polished. Like the best of BFBC2 and Medal of Honor with better even better 3d thrown in.

I'm thinking you already have the most powerful graphics card on the planet... You could get another one?

And just to keep everybody informed:
http://www.ea.com/battlefield3

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Haha i'm hoping i can definately crank up the settings with my trust 5970 and OC'd I5!

I know DICE tend to have a habit of putting post-processing effects on their gameplay trailers, but it still looked amazing! I can't wait to see how the multi-player is gonna be, still feel a little bit sorry for all the console kids who only get 24 players in a server ;).

Remember when BF2 took a year for most of us to max out? Expect the same thing with BF3.

I'm more worried about the CPU side, frankly. The Physics effects in the new Frostbite engine look amazing, but I'm worried about all the processing that takes...

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009

That's what everyone says.

5 years down the line when DICE have announced BF4, you'll probably be saying "BATTLEFIELD 3 WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST".

;)

Oh the nostalgia. The little paperdoll looking soldiers of Battlefield 1942 was all we had and by golly we made due and liked it!

What I do like about the most recent releases - BFBC2 and Medal of Honor - is they kept the things that made the original games great and added to them. The visuals have come so far. The levelling, awards, and unlockables have added a new dimension to the gameplay. And then there's the 32 player multiplayer. Just awesome.

Battlefield 3 has a lot to live up to.