hello my computer specifications
core 2 duo E7400
crap 500W power supply
2 gb ddr2 800 mhz ram
DG41RQ
320GB SATA 2 sAmsung
Gigabyte HD 4650 1GB DDR2

i recently upgraded to sapphire hd 6850
the games stop for half a second every 3 or 4 seconds.

is it a power supply issue?
is it because i use a core 2 duo?
is it the driver issue?
or is it my mobo not having a pci express 2.0 slot?
or is it my graphic card is defective?

a c 159 U Graphics card
February 24, 2011 2:14:50 PM

Depends on what "the games" are and what settings you are using. Was this happening with your old video card?

Yes, CPU is too slow for the video card, your RAM is too little for modern games at higher settings, and the PSU is marginal if it's a cheap one.

Drop your settings to Low, and go up till you get slow-downs again. If you get this stutter at any game setting, upgrade the PSU first.
m
l

Best solution

February 24, 2011 3:55:36 PM

I'm gonna as amuse right away your cpu is gonna bottleneck, you may wanna upgrade that PSU to 600 or 650 watts. I'd good for a nice Q6600 quadcore cpu since its really cheap now a days. Are you getting high temps on your GPU? download hardware monitor off of google to monitor CPU and GPU temps
Related resources
February 26, 2011 3:42:10 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Depends on what "the games" are and what settings you are using. Was this happening with your old video card?

Yes, CPU is too slow for the video card, your RAM is too little for modern games at higher settings, and the PSU is marginal if it's a cheap one.

Drop your settings to Low, and go up till you get slow-downs again. If you get this stutter at any game setting, upgrade the PSU first.

this only happened with call of duty black ops, fifa 11 and nfs hot pursuit

ran crysis warhead in enthusiast in 1366x768 withvsync on and 6xaa
ran smooth with hd 6850 with the same configuration
also battlefield bad company 2 in full details with 8x aa and 16x af
ran smooth with hd 6850 with the same configuration

nfs hot pursuit and and fifa 11 ran smooth at lower frame rates with hd 4650(some stuttering - but not as frequent as with hd 6850)

so i am facing the stutter when playing fifa 11,hot pursuit and black ops.

is it still power supply or cpu? or the driver(using 11.2 downloaded from sapphire site)

m
l
February 27, 2011 2:23:25 AM

Best answer selected by ubisoftblackbox.
m
l
!