Is corsair ram good

yam123

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Hello,
i recentaly upgrade my system
asus p8h61mlx,4gbxms3 dual channel,i3 2100,corsair vs450 power supply.
but i am facing a problem on cold booting
when system switched off for 3-4 hr aftr that when i switched it on again it keeps on turng off after blue screen just before the windows desktop appear
but if i switched off the system n remove one ram and again boot it,it boots properly and again if i turn off the system and insert both the ram it boots properly with no issue

but the same problem start when i leave the systm switched off for 3-4 hr
i cheked all the hard ware-hdd,both ram,both ram slot on mobo,power supply,dvd writer everything all are good i diidnt found wats the issue
the problem make me crazy,
guys plz help me what to do

Solution
If 2nd question is about the PS (Already stated 2 x 4 Kingston would be fine) then:

450 Watts will be OK as long as it is a quality PSU. Your system will be under 350 W.
Corsair make some excellent PS. Their NEW cx line is NOT as good. I have not heard of the VX series, but am quessing that it is very simular to the CX series. My first choice would be the TX series followed by the GS
What I do is select, not buy, a PSU then:
1) Look for reviews (ie google), then
2) Go to newegg (even though you can not buy from them), look at individual comments about the PSU and the percentage of 1 & 2 egg ratings vs 4 and 5 egg ratings
Here is an example for the CX430 Corsair PSU (The CX500 has simular rating so the 450 would be very simular)...

I know, but u posted back so fast, I had no chance to edit it, after I read it again.
sol.gif

Concur with Nikorr, Corsair is GOOD memory. Corsair was spun off of Micron and uses Micron memory chips.
General comments. PS My Favorite is currentl G-Skill ripjaw line
.. As with every brand, most problems are user related:
A) Compatability issues, although these seem to have decreased with newer systems.
B) Improper handling, ESD related. You would probably be surprised at how may memory modules are declared DOA because the USER Killed, or damaged, the module due to ESD. Modules operate at VERY low voltage. An indivdual can build up 30 -> 100 V and NEVER know it.
C) Bad/defective module from manuf. This probably makes up the SMALLEST number of returns.

Might help if you could take a snapshot of CPU-Z memory tab and post it. It will show which ram you Have, plus what it is operating at.

Since you already have windows installed, I would suggest you download and run Prime95. It runs under windows and tends to be more accurate in finding memory errors, and faster at finding them.

Memtest 86 - SHOULD always be run from a bbootable system. Prior to installing OS, or before loading the OS when:
A) Initial build - Bad memory can corrupt the installation.
B) Any time you make a change to memory ie:
.. Install new ram
.. Make a change to ram configuration such as changing the voltage or timings.
.. Prime95 displayed error. Need to fix problem, and verify BEFORE rebooting to operating system.

Memtest 86 (click on free download) NOTE do not just copy the ISO file to a CD by drage & drop, make sure the Create ISO is used.
http://www.memtest86.com/
Prime 95
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/
Cpuid CPU-Z
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

yam123

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

i allready run memtest86+ upto 5 test on boath the ram with no error my RAM is corsair 2*2gb 1333(TW3X13334GC9A), AND ONE THING I NOTICE WHILE RUNNING MEMTES,ON ONE SLOT SHOWS CAS 6-6-6-20 WITH ANY OF THE EITHER RAM AND ON OTHER SLOT IT SHOWS CAS 9-9-9-24 SAME AS OF RAM ORIGINAL TIMING
IS THIS THE BIOS ISSUE.

When at CL 6, what is the speed vs when at CL9

When at CL9 the speed should be the rated 9,9,9
However, most ram will run at a Higher CL rating if the speed is decreased.

When Both sticks are in the correct slots and the Bios is set to run XMP, profile 1 the ram should be detected as 1333 cl9.

Were these purchased as a Kit of 2 x 2. or did you buy seperatly.
If you run CPU-z and click on SPD tab at the top, both sticks should show the identical specs.

When you click on memory, it should show Dual channel and approx 333 for freq. (333x2x2=1333).

I have seen memory pass memtest86 but fail Prime95. Need to run prime95 a Min of 4 hours - Monitor tempuratures closely for the first 30 Mins as prime95 can heat up the CPU and SB cpu you do not want to exceed 85C (NOTE: and the stock intel HSF is NOT a great cpu cooler, infact is at the bottom of the totom pole)

yam123

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

its a 2 x 2gb bundled corsair xms3 ram
in mem test it show 675mhz 6-6-6-20 in one ram slot of the mobo
and 675mhz 9-9-9-24 on another slot of the mobo it is the case with both the ram
when i test both the the ram together it shows 675mhz 9-9-9-24

thanks man for considering my problem but i really tell u i get so much fedup with this problem :cry: that i am thinking to return this ram and purchase exact ram listed in asus qualified vender list, today i also call asus they told me to go for kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G
can i use this ram as 2x4gb on my mobo p8h61mlx? and tell me one more thing, my system config is

core i3 2100,kingston 8gb 2x4gb value ram,asus p8h61MLX mob,msi 6850 cyclone oc graphics card,corsair 40gb ssd,1tb WD caviar black,asus DVD writer,
cooler master elite 310 mid tower,ever media pcie2.0x1 hd TV tuner card,lg 23"3d monitor
is corsair vs450 is good for my rig ,it is a corsair 450w power supply (corsair build this for Asian subcontinent)

yam123

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

thanks chief for ur response and i request u to kindely giv me the answer of my second quest :)

If 2nd question is about the PS (Already stated 2 x 4 Kingston would be fine) then:

450 Watts will be OK as long as it is a quality PSU. Your system will be under 350 W.
Corsair make some excellent PS. Their NEW cx line is NOT as good. I have not heard of the VX series, but am quessing that it is very simular to the CX series. My first choice would be the TX series followed by the GS
What I do is select, not buy, a PSU then:
1) Look for reviews (ie google), then
2) Go to newegg (even though you can not buy from them), look at individual comments about the PSU and the percentage of 1 & 2 egg ratings vs 4 and 5 egg ratings
Here is an example for the CX430 Corsair PSU (The CX500 has simular rating so the 450 would be very simular).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026
OUCH, would not touch with a 10 foot pole.

Solution

yam123

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

thanks chief,ive seen rating and review of vs450 on few web site they say its a very robust psu can go unto 500w on loading
and can handle 6850 very easily
and now i put my p8h61 mobo and i3 2100 on one side and today i purchased new bundel of asus p8h67mlx with i7 2600k :wahoo: and almost tomorrow Ive got my Kingston 2*4gb kit so on tomorrow i built my new upgraded system and hoping everything could be right "finger crossed"
and tell me one thing is the board is gud for i7 2600k?