Is 2.4 Core duo enough for HDTV Recording over Air?

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I happen to own a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHZ notebook, with 2GB and Windows 7 fresh installed.

I recently acquired a Kworld USB stick Hybrid Tuner, in order to record HDTV and occasionally analog TV shows. A llink to the product is posted below:

http://www.kworld-global.com/main/prod_in.aspx?mnuid=1248&modid=6&fcid=2&pcid=199&ifid=131&prodid=391

Will my CPU power be enough to record the shows 1080i, without any loss of quality? If so, will such CPU power be enough for both recording and watching another media at the same time?

My notebook will e solely dedicated to this, making it a PVR

You PC Specs are better than what the manufacture recommends so should be more than capable of saving the HDTV stream onto the hdd.

Doing this while watching something from hdd, quality depends on the GPU, its drivers and cpu usage.

You can't save a stream while trying to watch another OTA stream at the same time, with this model.

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006

Is that because of the software? Are you familiar with such softwares? In reality, the software that came with it was Totalmedia from Arcsoft, dont know if its anygood, but it will work on Vista. And as a matter of fact, I live in Brasil, here its ISDB-T, not ATSC btw.

I also want to get another USB stick for my Mac, but Im really confused.

First, Elgato's EyeTV seems like a great software for Mac. It even wakes and put the computer to sleep. However, it appears that Elgato's USB sticks are not ISDB-T. Can I mix the software with another company USB tuner? Im considerenig Avermedia and Kworld, and any software thats really good