Some questions for building new high end gaming rig

Barge01

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
hey guys
im new to building computers and am after some help! any advice or comments would be much appreciated!

im building a computer soley for gaming i will be doing nothing else on this pc.
im tossing up between a GTX 570 with a possible upgrade to SLI 570's a bit further down the track. Or just a single GTX 580, my requirements are that it could run games in the future that look as good as battlefield 3 i also plan on using 3dvision however i have a 3d tv and believe after doing a little research that i will be limited to 720p resolution. im ok with this though as i have only ever been a console gamer so am used to 720p 3d graphics.
Im pretty sure that just going with the 570 initially and then purchasing another 570 down the line when bf3 comes out is probably the better option but im worried that SLI will be to hard for me to install, run/upkeep (eg. drivers and such) and keep the temps down as this computer will prob be sitting in my wardrobe (not a tiny space but not huge), im also wondering if i will see any difference in just using a i5 cpu instead of a i7? as i would like to save as much money as i can.
I should also say this will hopefully be built by a friend at work. But im concerend i may not know him still when i want to upgrade to SLI so may have to install my self. How hard would this be?
thank you for reading and sorry about the long post!

Barge01

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: within the next month (if i go for SLI set up plan to purchase second GPU sometime before BF3)

Budget Range:1400 AUD + second gpu down the line.

System Usage: Gaming

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: have none any suggestions for aus websites would be great (have looked at some parts on ebay.)

Country of Origin: Australia

Parts Preferences: by brand or type Intel and Nvidia

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, 1280x720)

Additional Comments: Have done a bit more research and now thinking about SLI 560ti as i could buy both at once and get all installed at the same time which would save allot of hassle.