HP Pavilion a1623w motherboard replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

efx2001

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
I am looking into replacing the motherboard due to going bad. Does anybody know if I can use a different brand of motherboard instead of the HP one? The only issue I am wondering about is the powersupply being compatible with a different brand? Please help if you can. Thanks :) HP Pavilion a1623w motherboard

Solution
By the time you price a board/power supply, and new windows coa (required for any non hp motherboard), you might as well get another complete new or used system. Good used hp systems go for around $100 on craigslist; try to match the processor type and motherboard chipset; for example, the 6150 chipset is common for hp am2 systems using ddr2; match it closely enough and you may be able to reuse your old hardrive with your files and windows will reconfigure your motherboard drivers after a few reboots.
By the time you price a board/power supply, and new windows coa (required for any non hp motherboard), you might as well get another complete new or used system. Good used hp systems go for around $100 on craigslist; try to match the processor type and motherboard chipset; for example, the 6150 chipset is common for hp am2 systems using ddr2; match it closely enough and you may be able to reuse your old hardrive with your files and windows will reconfigure your motherboard drivers after a few reboots.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.