news:5937935.0405101352.49bcc650@posting.google.com...
> Salokyn <nicolas.gif@libertysurf.fr> wrote in message
news:<409fc632$0$12725$636a15ce@news.free.fr>...
> > You mean a SNES emulator for GBA
> >
> > http://www.snesadvance.org/
> > http://home.utah.edu/~u0422123/
>
> NO GBA emulator for SNES

Not possible.

how would you do that, there's no flash cartriges for SNES, and it's not
powerfull enough to run gba games i think, it as a 3.58MHz 16bit main
processor and the GBA as a 12 (or 13) MHz 32bit ARM processor.

/=========================================\
| Salokyn <nicolas.gif@libertysurf.fr> |
|=========================================|
| how would you do that, there's no |
| flash cartriges for SNES, and it's not |
| powerfull enough to run gba games i |
| think, it as a 3.58MHz 16bit main |
| processor and the GBA as a 12 (or 13) |
| MHz 32bit ARM processor. |
\=========================================/

I am trying to find a way to test multiplayer GBA games without buying
flash cartriges. I want to test them in a Snes EMU, because GBA EMU
don't suport Multiplayer.

"tagno25" <tagno25@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | how would you do that, there's no
> | flash cartriges for SNES, and it's not
> | powerfull enough to run gba games i
> | think, it as a 3.58MHz 16bit main
> | processor and the GBA as a 12 (or 13)
> | MHz 32bit ARM processor.
>
> I am trying to find a way to test multiplayer GBA games without buying
> flash cartriges. I want to test them in a Snes EMU, because GBA EMU
> don't suport Multiplayer

So, in essence what you are doing is running a SNES
emulator to run a GBA emulator to test your roms? :)

I don't think it will work. First of all, as you state, there
are not GBA EMUs which support multiplayer. There
is no telling if a GBA EMU for SNES would support
multiplayer. Just becuase your SNES has multiplayer
ability does NOT mean that the GBA EMU would
automatically support multiplayer.

Additionally, as the previous poster mentioned,
the GBA is actually more powerful of a system
than the SNES is. It would be like trying to get
a 1970s mainframe to emulate a modern PC.
Modern PCs are just so much more powerful than
the old mainframes, even though those where
mainframes and these are "just" simple PCs.

Chris

> > Additionally, as the previous poster mentioned,
> > the GBA is actually more powerful of a system
> > than the SNES is. It would be like trying to get
> > a 1970s mainframe to emulate a modern PC.
> > Modern PCs are just so much more powerful than
> > the old mainframes, even though those where
> > mainframes and these are "just" simple PCs.
>
> Which isn't a problem, as long as you are willing to
> accept that your "testing" won't run real time. A lot
> of emulation is done at much slower rates than the
> thing being emulated.

True enough, but I gotta think that for most games
you'd want real time. Unless it's a turn based
strategy or puzzle type game, you're gonna want to
know how smoothly the game flows and if a normal
player can react quickly enough to the game speed
or, alternately, if the game speed is so slow that it
becomes "painful" to play.

Chris