Sign in with
Your question
Solved

[HomeBuilt] My New Haf 932 Advance Black Widow Help WIth Cooling Mods

Last response: in Systems
May 1, 2011 5:43:18 PM

Hey guys what up well i just built my case up 4 days ago and i also recieved my msi 6950 2gb.
Well im here because i wana remove the 230 mm fan on the door and add 4 led Blue Fans i Found some on tigerdirect
for 9.99 Each there cooler masters. I need sum suggestions.

Here Is my Rig and some Photos Of What i got For yall:

and This is the Fan Im loooking at :http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-de...
May 1, 2011 5:45:47 PM

Liquid cooling is a bad idea. If there is a leak your system is GONE and also if there every 6 months or a year you have to change it. It's a pain your better off with air flow.
m
l
May 1, 2011 5:47:59 PM

COrsair You never have to change it. i was thinking of going full water cooling like a rasa Kit but right now saving for a 850w Corsair Modular
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
May 2, 2011 3:23:12 AM

@ Crazycreationz, Those fans look alright, reviews say they are a bit loud. Most likely they won't be any louder than your GPU fan. They move quite a bit of air, and look pretty slick. I'd say go for it.
May 2, 2011 3:26:13 AM

Best answer selected by crayzcreationz.
m
l
May 2, 2011 3:26:47 AM

thanx Striker back that up i just picked up 2 and 2marrow or the next day ima pick up 2more the store didnt have 4 so i gotta get 2 more at the other store.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 2, 2011 3:29:36 AM

TY for best answer. Be sure to post some pics of your fancy LED'd rig!
m
l
May 2, 2011 3:34:53 AM

This is how its looking right now look: 2marrow im going to pick up 2more im also thinking bout picking up some red ones for the top or just stay blue idk.
Cause ima get a Full water Cooling system like the Rasa Rx360

I modded my Case since i had to take that 230mm out the door i Tie Rapped it on the Inside of the case 2marrow ima take better pictures

I also added a 140Mm on the DVD Tray Area i might take that out soon and add a red led fan so it can match the front LED:
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 2, 2011 5:29:16 PM

What are the cooling mods intended to accomplish:

Here's a recent comparison of some recently released coolers:

Corsair H50 68.1
Coolit Vantage A.L.C. 67.8
Corsair H70 64.7
Coolit ECO A.L.C. 64.3
Antec Kühler H2O 920 61.2
Cooler Master V6 GT 59.5
Prolimatech Super Mega 59.4
Antec Kühler H2O 620 58.7
Thermalright Venomous X 58.0
Thermalright Silver Arrow 55.8

The author's comments below should be taken to heart if building a new Sandy Bridge based system:

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...

Quote:
I think the Silver Arrow represents the ultimate air cooler than can be built and still fit within the constraints of an ATX motherboard and a standard computer case..... It's almost ironic that coolers like this are becoming available just as processors transition to designs that may ultimately render them unnecessary; even overclocked to 5GHz, an Intel Sandy Bridge 2600K doesn't need anywhere near this level of cooling. Still, it wouldn't hurt, and as I noted earlier, there are still CPUs out there that can benefit from it.

In other words, with the top end air coolers being overkill even for heavy overclocks, I think the days of CPU water cooling for all but those who list benchmarks as among their most used programs.
m
l
!