Opinions on new system

tankzilla

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
Hey, first of all, English isn't my native tounge but i'll do my best to make myself understood here.

A while back I sold my old computer that was getting a bit worn out and bought a demo laptop from my work, an asus g53jw (i5 460, gtx 460m) for roughly 850 dollars. Even though I'm not a hardcore gamer anymore I still want more performance than this laptop will give me. The laptop is now sold and my budget is now somewhere around 1100 - 1150 dollars for a new stationary computer.

Games I play at the moment are bulletstorm, all points bulletin, monday night combat, dragon age 2. Games I want to be able to play in the future are diablo 3 and battlefield 3. All games are / will be played in 1920x1280 on a 23" 120hz monitor. There is no need to max out the games I play but I like to keep it at high'ish with as high fps as possible.

The parts i've picked out so far are:

Asrock M3A770DE motherboard, am3 socket that will handle 1600mhz ram when OC'd.

1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ, some say this HDD sucks but i've had this one in my last rig, accualy, i had 2 and didn't have any issues or noises.

Corsair 4GB (2x2048MB) 1600MHz XMS3

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3,4GHz Black Edition, planning on OC'ing this to 3.9 - 4.2ghz, depending on what I can get it stable at.

Noctua NH-D14 to cool the CPU, a few mates have this one and it's just pure awesome.

XFX Radeon HD6950 2GB, I might flash this one to 6970 bios or just unlock the shaders. Picked the 2gb over the 1gb as the price difference isn't that big and always a plus that I can flash / unlock it if I want too.

Fractal Design Tesla 650W 80+ seems to be a good PSU, has 2x 6+2 PCI connectors. The 12v rail is said to be very stable and doesn't have any spikes on the reviews i've read.

Fractal Design Define R3 white, good cooling capabilities and quite roomy.

And just a random DVD rw burner.

As ashamed as this is to confese, I'm working as an IT technician, but stictly as a hardware fixing guy so I know only basic things and slightly more about what hardware is good for what :)

Will this rig be able to run the first mentioned games that I play atm at highest / high?
Will it be able to handle diablo 3 at high and battlefield 3 at medium / high?
I know bulldozer is comming up and if it turns out to be worth the bucks i'll just RMA these parts for a full refund (via my company)

Anything you would change? I think these parts will serve me well, a little insecure about the motherboard though. I don't want to spend money on an SSD so no need to bring that up.

Cheerios