Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Hey everyone,
currently i have:
AMD X6 1090T
Asrock 880G Extreme3
4GB DDR3 V-GEN
Radeon HD 5770 1GB
if i have $150, what you recommend to upgrade my computer, I plan to sell my old parts to buy a new one.
I use my computer for gaming and programming.

Solution
It's likely if you add an extra 5770 you'll need to upgrade. But if you just stick with a single card, IE 6870, then you probably won't need too.

Honestly though, your resolution is so small you don't even need a graphics card upgrade. You really don't need to upgrade anything. The only thing I see needed is another 4GB or ram, I hear programming takes up a bit of ram space. (That is that's what my teacher in Comp Prog. tells me about Eclipse)

striker410

Distinguished
I agree, I would upgrade the graphics. That motherboard supports crossfire, so your best bet in my opinion would be to grab another one for xfire, as long as you have a second PCI 6 pin available on your power supply. What monitor do you have? you could always get a better monitor if you have an old one.

It's likely if you add an extra 5770 you'll need to upgrade. But if you just stick with a single card, IE 6870, then you probably won't need too.

Honestly though, your resolution is so small you don't even need a graphics card upgrade. You really don't need to upgrade anything. The only thing I see needed is another 4GB or ram, I hear programming takes up a bit of ram space. (That is that's what my teacher in Comp Prog. tells me about Eclipse)

Solution